Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do your rifle scopes move around alot? as in, do you move your Leupold VX-3 from your 30-06 one year, to your 25-06 another year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do your rifle scopes move around alot? as in, do you move your Leupold VX-3 from your 30-06 one year, to your 25-06 another year

do your rifle scopes move around alot? as in, do you move your Leupold VX-3 from your 30-06 one year, to your 25-06 another year? or do you like to use the same scope on the same gun every year? if i had a couple nice rifle scopes and a couple rifles, i would switch around the scopes every now and then. that way if i get to liking one of the scopes, i won't be neglecting my other rifles. it's always good to be able to shoot accurately with all of your rifles and i wouldn't want to just be shooting one of them.

if i had a scope i really liked on one rifle , i would buy another one like it for my other rifle if it fit in to the same type of shooting situations . once a rifle is set up the way i want it i dont change it back and forth . i do have spare scopes on hand for the times i buy a rifle, but dont have the extra cash on hand to put the glass i want on it though .

scopes and guns can you ever have to many i think not.

Comment

No, I never move them around once I have a scope mounted that I like. I save all my change in my pockets and it just seems to work out when I need a new scope I have enough 'change' to cover it.

Comment

I don't move mine around either, it would take way to much time to set everything up that way, plus with the cost of ammo to resite everything you can probably put that towards a new scope and end up with a nice one.

Comment

There are "zero" scope mount sets that would allow you to "move" em' if you wanted to. I like others have said DON'T move my "rig" once it's set.
          "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Just get another like it so the next one will be "not broke" too.

Comment

A good way to do that is use the Leupold quik release base on your rifles and you can move the scope (with QR rings) around as long as action length is the same. Just don't forget to resight the scope in for the rifle it is on. Better idea is to mount a good scope and leave it. Do what the gang said and get a scope for each gun.

Comment

I agree. I like to keep the same scope on each rifle year after year.

Comment

I do not move my scopes from rifle to rifle. Once they are mounted and set they stay.

Comment

When i find my zero, i leave it,...forever, unless it fails.

Comment

I've got sucked into the "moving around the scopes" thing and it proved to be a bad deal for me. My advice is ditto to the above - mount it and leave it there. You'll save on ammo costs for perpetually sighting in.

Comment

Mine stay put where they are. I will very seldom change out a scope.

Comment

All my scopes stay put. The way I figure it, with the ammo money I will save on re-zeroing my scopes once I move them around, I can afford to get a good scope for every rifle. At least, thats how I justify it to the wife.

Comment

Moving scopes around on rifles is a bad idea for the reasons stated by the gang above. That said, I have moved scopes when I upgraded a scope on a particular rifle and moved the one removed to a different rifle. At times I had more rifles than scopes so some sat for years with no scope. My .308 sat for a couple of years but now has a 2-7x Leupold ready to to strike!

Comment

If i put a scope on a rifle it is going to stay there, i dont think that i have ever moved a scope to a different rifle

Comment

I never move them, once zeroed I hate to mess up a good thing....

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad