Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve in Virginia
    replied
    I'll second the endorsement of the Franchi Affinity. Mine is relatively new, with only a few shots through it, but it has handled both magnum waterfowl loads and light dove loads with no problems and its a pleasure to handle. It essentially has the same action as the Benelli but -- getting to your best value question -- you're not paying Benelli prices.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    1100 for all the reasons mentioned above, though I'd certainly entertain the 1187 if I was looking for a 3'' chamber. After picking up my father's Franchi 48, I must say that if I walked many( more than I do) miles hunting birds, that gun might tempt me.

Leave a comment:

• Panfry101
    replied
    The 935 shoots magnums too, which can cause problems. From what I've heard, the 930 is more reliable. If I were to buy a semi auto, for the price I'd get the Franchi Affinity. Very reliable and durable if you're taking it waterfowl hunting. For shotguns I try to stay in the Italian side of things, even if they aren't built there anymore. By that I mean Benelli/Franchi/Stoeger. If you want to go less expensive than the Franchi, which I understand, I'd pick up a used Remington 1100 because everyone and their mom has one, or a Browning A5 for the same reason. That being said, I will be hunting with an O/U this duck season. Yes, O/U's do kick harder than semi autos, but there has never been a time when I've used the 3rd shot from a semi. I've hunted at many, many different duck camps, and I've yet to see someone effectively utilize that 3rd shot in less the time it would have taken them to just pop another shell in. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    Ive never heard of the 930 but my Dad has the 935 and its junk.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    If you are talking about price the Weatherby SA08 is by the best semi auto shotgun on the market. Mine has operated flawlessly and shoots like a dream. With the two power rings it is simple to switch from light loads to heavy loads. When do we really shoot light and heavy loads at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• C.Hillman
    replied
    Remington 1100

Leave a comment:

• Ncarl
    replied
    There are a lot nicer shotguns on the market but the question is whats the greatest value so you have to exclude the high dollar Berettas and Benellis. I have to go with the Remington 11-87. I think you can get one new for around $600. I havent had good luck with my inerta operated Stoeger so I like the gas system of the Remington which never seems to fail.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    Beretta makes some very fine semi autos.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Remington 1100. Best for price, easy to clean, most problems solved very easily.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I agree with H. Myles.
    Where I grew up in east Texas, the Remington 1100 was so highly regarded, it was referred to as an "Arkansas Purdey".

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    Browning M/2000,Benelli Vinci

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Brake?

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Have had the privilege of using a lot of semi auto shotguns. For the price a Rem 1100 is hard to beat. You can be grumpy with them at times, but they kill birds and break clays.

Leave a comment:

• Safado
    replied
    A used Remington 1100!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad