Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi guys, I've been working 70+ hrs. a week lately, so no time to blog in, but has anybody tried vacuum packing morels? I tried 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys, I've been working 70+ hrs. a week lately, so no time to blog in, but has anybody tried vacuum packing morels? I tried 2

Hi guys, I've been working 70+ hrs. a week lately, so no time to blog in, but has anybody tried vacuum packing morels? I tried 2 weeks ago and when I got back home, I realized that the seal strip had little air pockets and didn't seal completely. It still kept them edible and I scarfed them down with a juicy rib-eye. But whhat are some other ways of preserving them?

Ever tried drying them? I throw them in the food dehydrator when I have too many to consume fresh (which is the best way). Then I vacuum seal and freeze. Throw them in soups or just rehydrate with some water in a pan.

Comment

I always vacuum seal my morels but before I do i spray a plate with spam and put the morels on it and freeze the morels. The next day i pull the morels off the plate and this is when I vacuum seal them and stick back in freezer. it works great.

Comment

That's a tough work week. interseting ideas above. I've got nothing to add.

Comment

Batter them and put them on a cookie sheet, freeze, then bag or vacum seal. You can then dump them directly into the fryer when you are ready to eat, seems to make the various batters stick better as well as preserving for future use.

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Dry them!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad