Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people hunt snipes? I am not saying anything about the hunters of them i was just wondering what they were usd for and i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people hunt snipes? I am not saying anything about the hunters of them i was just wondering what they were usd for and i

Why do people hunt snipes? I am not saying anything about the hunters of them i was just wondering what they were usd for and if snipes caused any damage. How much meat can youg et out of one? Do you eat them? Just curious

I don't think they cause any damage, but they are a food source just like ducks,deer,etc.
    It would take a "mess" of them a make a meal like doves. I've never eaten on but I have a buddy in Lous. that hunts/eats them every year. Says they are good.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Remember the thread Dave did last year about Westerns. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was the favorite if memory serves. Well here's a trivia question about the GB & U. What was the name on the grave that held the $200,000 in gold coins? Here's a little help. No cheating please. Was it

A. Bill Carson

B. Unknown

C. Arch Stanton

D.Bill Jackson

Make your pick and I will post the answer in a day or two.

Comment

Sorry, I put this in the wrong place.

Comment

Snipe a very small even a little smaller than a dove. They are all dark meat and taste much like a dove. Snipe are a very challenging bird to hit. A light load of number 8 shot is preferred.

Comment

Del and Big O hit on the dot... the only thing I have to add is that they are hard as hell to find. You have to go into some deep cover to find them and hunt em. Good luck!

Comment

Same size as woodcock, takes a bunch to make a meal. I don't care for either. Worm eaters- taste like dirt.

Comment

We have snipes running aroun in the cornfields.

Comment

remember while snipe hunting cover yourself in snipe urine

Comment

nasty
                      dont think i will try that

Comment

Check this out ...

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/Infocenter/i2300id.html

Comment

Agreed with Big O and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad