Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you give me a quick tip on shooting a bow corectly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you give me a quick tip on shooting a bow corectly?

can you give me a quick tip on shooting a bow corectly?

Your bow hand should be pushing directly at the target.

Comment

"Anchor" in the same spot every time.
      I put mine on the point of the rear of my jaw.

Comment

right big o,do not grip bow, keep eye on spot, use back muscles, chest muscles, stand same way every time, flow through and practice practice every day.

Comment

Dont lean back, i wass recently watching some people with terget bows practicing, 30 lb draw weight, and they leaned back so their bow qould be pointed up at about a 30 degreeangle.
          I watched him consistently shott 1-2 feet higher then the target. And like everyone esle said, consistency means accuracy.

Comment

I would have to say use your major muscles like the back and chest instead of the arm muscles in order to hold at full draw for a long period of time and also to have the same anchor point time after time, and lastly, control your breathing. Also, when practicing, don't shoot 100 or 50 arrows a day, shoot until you begin to get sore or your shooting gets bad... that way you don't pick up any bad habits. I mean when in the hell in hunting are you going to get more than one shot? Make every shot count. Also position yourself in almost uncomfortable ways (like facing away from the target, and in different directions) that way you ready to shoot in any possible direction, no matter where the animal comes from.

Comment

Had a couple of "pros"(one shot for PSE/one hoyte) tell me shoot everyday for 20/30 mins. no more because your "process" starts to break down when fatigue starts to set in.

Comment

I would agree with FloridaHunter1226. Target archers shoot the same way every time but hunting situations often require changing positions in order to get the shot so practice shooting from different stances, standing, sitting, etc. I think that if I only practiced shooting from the same stance everytime I'd be thrown off if I had to make changes in the stand. I shoot 20-25 times a session 3 or 4 days a week. I shoot four or five arrows then go pull them out and shoot them again.

Comment

Agreed with FloridaHunter1226 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                    by PigHunter
                    I understand the reason someone would pick the heavier bullets. However, heavier bullets cause greater recoil and will affect recovery time and may result...
                    Today, 02:16 PM
                  • Cheaper Than Dirt
                    by jhjimbo
                    Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
                    Today, 12:21 PM
                  • Reply to 300 yard .22lr
                    by fitch270
                    I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
                    Today, 01:40 PM
                  • 300 yard .22lr
                    by jhjimbo
                    Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
                    Today, 11:28 AM
                  • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
                    by jhjimbo
                    I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
                    Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X