Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you senior guys use when your skin dries out on your body during the cold winter months? My feet are getting hammered wi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zimmerlip
    replied
    Ha! I'm really only 17 - with a lot of highway mileage...

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Oh, and just for the record, I'm not one of "you senior guys"! I just play one on the Internet.

~Laker

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Gary,
    O'Keeffe's also makes one called "Working Feet" and it is also a great product. You may want to give it a try.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    PAShooter, thank God it isn't diabetes.

You and my wife think alike, she also suggested that I use Vaseline instead of her skin creams.
    It worked like a charm and my feet are looking and feeling better.

Thank you everyone, for the great suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• ITHACASXS
    replied
    I've worked outside (Buffalo NY, now)on broken water mains for many a year in the wet and the mud. That combo drys and cracks your hands (face too) badly. I'll use anything in a pinch, but Eucerin works about the best so far. I'd try Sarge's Working Man Hands if I can find it. For chapped lips good old (and cheap) Chapstick does it every time for me, but just plain, nothing fruity.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Chalk up another vote for Eucerin. It can be a thinck gooey mess, but it works very well.

~Laker

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    I grew up with my mother having a potted Aloe Vera cactus plant sitting on a window sill in her kitchen. We called it a burn plant because when someone got burned, a broken cactus leaf got rubbed on the burn. It was also used on cracked feet and such after a leaf was split open and then boiled to make a lotion. I have kept up the tradition all my life and still raise and use Aloe Vera cactus plants for skin care. The only thing that the Aloe Vera lacks is antifungal properties, so for that I use Baza Antigungal by Coloplast.

Leave a comment:

• PAShooter
    replied
    Daily use of a good lotion such as Gold Bond works for me. Even good old Vasoline gives results. If you have a persistent problem, get yourself checked for diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Huber
    replied
    Straight vitamin E oil always worked for me. A hot shower and a splash of Witch Hazel works well on secondary inflammation on the legs and body.

With the summer approaching sun burn is an issue. A splash of Children's Pedeolite will not stop the peal but will remove the sting almost immediately.

Leave a comment:

• .30-06Hunter
    replied
    O'Keffe's Working Hands is the best by far. They also make a foot version. My hands will go from cracked and bleeding to almost healed in a day and a half.

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    My skin is drying, and a product called Eucerin Plus was recommended. It seems to work.

Leave a comment:

• Old 300
    replied
    Even though I am not quite a senior, when winter roles around my hands look just as bad, if not worse, then most senior's hands, and that is not an exageration. And what seems to work best for me is this great product called Badger Balm, which, like Sarge's working mans hands, comes in a green can and also smells like Wintergreen. Neutrogena and Aveeno can't hold a candle to it. And also, never use any product that has mineral water in it, that's one of the worst things you can rub on your skin.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Not a big problem for this senior but when some issues do come up with my hands during real cold temps I use good old fashioned Johnson & Johnson baby lotion. It's smelly but I don't do a lot of ambush type hunting so scent usually isn't a big issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• RockySquirrel
    replied
    I have that issue only very occasionally. I have a humidifier running almost constantly when the weather gets real dry and that may be why. Moist air holds heat better then dry air and 68 degrees in the house is nice and toasty. Even mornings at 65 degrees is not too bad.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    replied
    I'll second sarge's recommendation of working hands. Its the best thing I have found. For chapped lips, I really like xbalm.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad