Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you senior guys use when your skin dries out on your body during the cold winter months? My feet are getting hammered wi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up with my mother having a potted Aloe Vera cactus plant sitting on a window sill in her kitchen. We called it a burn plant because when someone got burned, a broken cactus leaf got rubbed on the burn. It was also used on cracked feet and such after a leaf was split open and then boiled to make a lotion. I have kept up the tradition all my life and still raise and use Aloe Vera cactus plants for skin care. The only thing that the Aloe Vera lacks is antifungal properties, so for that I use Baza Antigungal by Coloplast.

Comment

Chalk up another vote for Eucerin. It can be a thinck gooey mess, but it works very well.

~Laker

Comment

I've worked outside (Buffalo NY, now)on broken water mains for many a year in the wet and the mud. That combo drys and cracks your hands (face too) badly. I'll use anything in a pinch, but Eucerin works about the best so far. I'd try Sarge's Working Man Hands if I can find it. For chapped lips good old (and cheap) Chapstick does it every time for me, but just plain, nothing fruity.

Comment

PAShooter, thank God it isn't diabetes.

You and my wife think alike, she also suggested that I use Vaseline instead of her skin creams.
          It worked like a charm and my feet are looking and feeling better.

Thank you everyone, for the great suggestions.

Comment

Gary,
            O'Keeffe's also makes one called "Working Feet" and it is also a great product. You may want to give it a try.

Comment

Oh, and just for the record, I'm not one of "you senior guys"! I just play one on the Internet.

~Laker

Comment

Ha! I'm really only 17 - with a lot of highway mileage...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                  by Danbo
                  Lab - I hope your travels back East are going well .

The bandicoot doesn't believe anything unless yahoo news says it's so.

Today, 11:37 AM
                • Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                  by FirstBubba
                  Number 1 - the committee was SUPPOSED to be composed of 8 (D)'s and 5 (R)'s.
                  Pelosi rejected three of the (R) members and filled the spots with...
                  06-11-2022, 08:51 AM
                  by labrador12
                  The pussy hat wearing riots didn't happen? The burning cars and burning city blocks didn't happen? What evidence do you want? The Steele Dossier is total...
                  Today, 11:15 AM
                  by 99explorer
                  One side of this argument has tons of evidence, while the other side has none.
                  Talk is cheap.
                  Today, 11:01 AM
                • Reply to What's Ahead?
                  by jhjimbo
                  The group running the Country want to have an all out war with Putin. Just like they did in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, and Lybia. Susan Rice, Hillary,...
                  Today, 09:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X