Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you senior guys use when your skin dries out on your body during the cold winter months? My feet are getting hammered wi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you senior guys use when your skin dries out on your body during the cold winter months? My feet are getting hammered wi

What do you senior guys use when your skin dries out on your body during the cold winter months? My feet are getting hammered with skin cracks. Should I just grab the wife’s skin cream or is there something better for Sportsmen who are exposed to the elements?

Any lotion with vitamin E. Use daily and after bath or shower as that dries out skin. Try to keep humidity in house at 30% or more.

Comment

Ah dunno. Mah skin is still good after 65 years. Am I not old enough? Or izzit cuz mah ole granddaddy wuzza Indian? Nevva seen a Indian wif dry skin.

Comment

Gary, I swear by Bag Balm, it will heal those cracks in no time.

Comment

There is a product that we have here that is in a green can called "Working Mans Hands". I will guarantee that you will find that it is the best thing that you will ever find to repair dry and cracked skin. My buddy that has a muffler business used to have problems every winter with open cracks that even bled and when he found this he has had no problems since. It isn't real greasy or oily either.

Comment

I need to make a slight correction to the name of the hand cream I described above. It is made by O'Keeffe's and is called "Working Hands". My wife went to the bathroom and brought me the can of hand cream to look at so I could get the correct name. Senior's memories aren't good either.

Comment

Neutrogena is the best I've ever found, and my fingers crack something fierce without it.

Comment

I'll second sarge's recommendation of working hands. Its the best thing I have found. For chapped lips, I really like xbalm.

Comment

I have that issue only very occasionally. I have a humidifier running almost constantly when the weather gets real dry and that may be why. Moist air holds heat better then dry air and 68 degrees in the house is nice and toasty. Even mornings at 65 degrees is not too bad.

Comment

Not a big problem for this senior but when some issues do come up with my hands during real cold temps I use good old fashioned Johnson & Johnson baby lotion. It's smelly but I don't do a lot of ambush type hunting so scent usually isn't a big issue for me.

Comment

Even though I am not quite a senior, when winter roles around my hands look just as bad, if not worse, then most senior's hands, and that is not an exageration. And what seems to work best for me is this great product called Badger Balm, which, like Sarge's working mans hands, comes in a green can and also smells like Wintergreen. Neutrogena and Aveeno can't hold a candle to it. And also, never use any product that has mineral water in it, that's one of the worst things you can rub on your skin.

Comment

My skin is drying, and a product called Eucerin Plus was recommended. It seems to work.

Comment

O'Keffe's Working Hands is the best by far. They also make a foot version. My hands will go from cracked and bleeding to almost healed in a day and a half.

Comment

Straight vitamin E oil always worked for me. A hot shower and a splash of Witch Hazel works well on secondary inflammation on the legs and body.

With the summer approaching sun burn is an issue. A splash of Children's Pedeolite will not stop the peal but will remove the sting almost immediately.

Comment

Daily use of a good lotion such as Gold Bond works for me. Even good old Vasoline gives results. If you have a persistent problem, get yourself checked for diabetes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Handgun Laser Sights
                                by PigHunter
                                On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                                08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                                by PigHunter
                                Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                                Today, 06:32 PM
                                by PigHunter
                                I know how you feel. There's no way I'b bet my life on a conceal carry without ever firing it. Just this morning, PigHuntress told me she'd been practicing...
                                Today, 06:27 PM
                              • Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by Solitario Lupo
                                Jimbo I dont really go for eyes on Erie but that is impressive almost 80 degrees on top and in that depths wonder how cold it gets in that thermocline....
                                Today, 06:16 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X