Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that turkey season is about over and you got a nice bird here is what you do with the breast. Cut the meat into long thin st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    That does sound tasty.
    007, that's about how I do them.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Big O,

This works well with Rock Cornish game hens too! Very succulent.

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    What if you got "skunked" because of a "pager" and the neighbor shoot's your bird?(I'm not kidding)(LOL)

Leave a comment:

replied
    Del, that makes sense. On a similiar note, the best thing I've found for the above mentioned dove breasts was by the late, great Grits Gresham. Melted butter, lemon juice, salt & pepper, breasts wrapped in bacon on skewers, on the grill, with the butter & lemon juice brushed on. Grits called it his bbq sauce, if memory serves. Good stuff. Personally I'm glad gobbler season is over so I can get some sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Thanks for the shout out Del! That recipe you shared does make for some fine eating on white meated fowl!

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    Sounds tasty!!!

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    I've never tried this with dark meat. you would be breaking new ground. My guess is not too good.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sounds good. How would it work with dove breasts?

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    You can only get Beekeeper's honey from the beekeeper himself. Also do not substitute other soy sauce or salad dressings for best results.

Leave a comment:

• Now that turkey season is about over and you got a nice bird here is what you do with the breast. Cut the meat into long thin st

Now that turkey season is about over and you got a nice bird here is what you do with the breast. Cut the meat into long thin strips about 1/4 inch thick. Place in a glass bowl and cover with Newman's Own family recipe Italian dressing and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Next day get the charcoal grill going nice and hot. Slide a bamboo skewer down the length of each strip and throw them on a very hot grill. Buy a clean spray bottle at Wallyworld, wash it and fill with Kikkoman's soy sauce. Use this to spray a little soy on the meat. Turn often, as soon as you see grill marks on both sides of the meat brush on some of Beekeeper's honey and take them up (the honey will burn if you leave it on the grill more than a few moments). The soy sauce has lots of salt so don't add any salt and don't overdo the soy spray or it will be too salty. This works well with Quail, Pheasant, Cornish game hens and chicken too! Just cut them up and follow the recipe. I did this Memorial day and it was so good I ate too much......

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad