Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the best shoot through scope rings on the market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best shoot through scope rings on the market?

What are the best shoot through scope rings on the market?

The ones that you leave on the shelf. Seriously I don't like them so I don't really know. They put your scope too high above the bore.

Comment

None of the makers of quality scope rings and mounts offer such stuff. Most I have seen are flimsy and place the scope too high for high power centerfire rifles.

Comment

I have them on a Ruger .44mag rifle and like them. Easy to switch between scope and iron sights as the situation presents itself. I will put up a picture of my Ruger. Jim

Comment

AAM: Weaver is the only maker of 1"See-Thru mounts,(No base required) Buehler & Kuharsky made them back in 1966...Lol

Comment

WAM
            Leupold makes rifleman see thru rings, Thats actually the set I ordered.

Comment

I stand corrected. Leupold just left the category "makers of quality scope rings and mounts" with a $19.95 set of aluminum rings. Those type mounts are OK for a .22 or similar, but there are no aluminum rings I would use on my big game rifles. Hope they suit your purpose.

Comment

Shoot-through's are a bad compromise at best, and just serve to make both situations difficult. Get the right scope and practice and you won't need the open sights except as a back up. You will want to remove the scope for that situation anyway.

WAM, in general I agree with you, but Talley makes some aluminum rings that work pretty well. They cost enough, too.

Comment

Tally makes fine rings and I'm sure their aluminum ones work well, too. Aluminum is tricky. Is it 4045, 6061, or 7075 Al, etc. and which temper? A huge range of mechanical properties i.e tensile strength and ultimate yield. There are many grades and I'm sure the boys in China use nothing but the best. I just won't put aluminum rings on any of my rifles except a .22 rimfire. Drop one or bump it real hard and see what happens. I bet Talley's are more than $19.95...just sayin'

Comment

I have aluminum Tally one piece rings/bases on my Savage in 22-250. I have not had a problem with them and yes they were not cheap. I don't believe in see through scope mounts. If I want to use the iron sights I would use Quick Detach (QD)mounts on the scope.

Comment

Not that I would call a 22-250 a big game rifle either.

Comment

To be perfectly fair, the Talleys are ring/ base combos, all one piece.

Comment

Flyer,
                          Those are trouble also if your receiver is not perfectly drilled and tapped. Torques the crap out of your aluminum tubed scope or uses all your internal adjustment getting zeroed, inducing excessive parallax.

Comment

So do we all agree that there is no such thing as a good see through scope mount?????

Comment

http://www.kwiksitecorp.com/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad