Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I've pick out the scope I'm going to put on my savage hog hunter, it's the vortex diamondback 1.75-5x32 and I was wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I've pick out the scope I'm going to put on my savage hog hunter, it's the vortex diamondback 1.75-5x32 and I was wondering

Well I've pick out the scope I'm going to put on my savage hog hunter, it's the vortex diamondback 1.75-5x32 and I was wondering what you guys thought of that brand? Thanks.

Good brand. Great warranty and customer service and value well beyond the price you pay. I like the Diamondback. All metal, durable and tough, clarity and brightness is a little better than the Nikon Monarch line and nearly as good as the Leupold VX3. I've seen chromatic distortion and severe light reflection on larger magnification scopes when aiming toward the sun on fresh snow. It didn't prevent aiming though. I'd check both of these for best visibility and a wide eye box so when you pull it up you can see. Some of the Vortex scopes are a little harder to see through unless you are really lined up at times. The scope you mention has exactly half the field of view of the Legend but enough to succeed. If they both look the same, I'd take the wider field of view and best eye box for picking charging hogs up quickly.

Comment

Can't say that I've ever "seen" a Vortex scope, much less "look" through one.
      Hope it works well for you.

Comment

I dig the power setting.If you are like me, you may never go higher than 1.75.

Comment

I'll second what dakotaman said; warranty and customer service are phenomenal. Optics, especially their razor hd line are very, very good.

Comment

AAM, looks like I clobber some of my text... sorry. I meant to say that you should compare the Diamondback side-by-side with the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD if you can. I have not looked through that Bushnell scope but I would expect the Diamondback to have better clarity. The Bushnell has double the field of view which is my primary concern on a hog rifle. Also that will allow you to see which is easier to a good view on. The eye box difference may be significant... best of luck.

Comment

I have the vortex razor 5=25 ebr2 recticle
              tried nightforce and Schmidt and bender .
              with vortex clarit is the best of the 3.
              warrenty is the best in the industry no warrenty card to fill out, warrenty automatically transfers with scope from user to user and 100% replacement for [email protected] in my book

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                by franchi20
                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                Today, 07:40 PM
              • Debate #2: new rules
                by FirstBubba
                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                by franchi20
                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                Today, 07:34 PM
              • What's after Trump?
                by FirstBubba
                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                Today, 01:46 PM
              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                by fitch270
                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X