Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking this question for my grandson. Is there a market for squirrel pelts? I know Mepps take squirrel tails to work into thei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking this question for my grandson. Is there a market for squirrel pelts? I know Mepps take squirrel tails to work into thei

Asking this question for my grandson. Is there a market for squirrel pelts? I know Mepps take squirrel tails to work into their lures but need to know about the hides/pelts.

Sorry, they are used in fish lures but the quantity is not such that it develops a market for them. Most valuable furs are used for warm clothing or designer apparel.

Comment

Get a copy of Fur-Fish-Game. My January fur report shows squirrel topping at $1.00.

Comment

CRM is right FFG has listed them for years. If they sell or not I do not know. Mepps is probably the best deal going

Comment

mepps you need a ton of them to make it worth the shipping, i live not far from where they need to be shipped, in wisconsin. squirrel tails can be used as a fly tying material with some success... I don't know a ton about this but have been told RITT dye, works to color hair, to what effectiveness I do not know.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad