Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein just announced that he is planning to make an anti-gun movie starring Meryl Streep that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein just announced that he is planning to make an anti-gun movie starring Meryl Streep that

Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein just announced that he is planning to make an anti-gun movie starring Meryl Streep that will take a direct shot at the NRA. He said it will not be a documentary, but a "big movie, like 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.'" This is from a guy who has made a lot of money glamorizing gun violence with movies like "Kill Bill" and "Pulp Fiction." Are we up for a boycott?

Sure, boycott his stupid propaganda, and let him go broke hiring Streep, Redford, and any other of those Hollywood lame-brain hypocrites. Those people are living in La-La Land, anyway.

Comment

I believe the NRA is eagerly awaiting the production of this movie. History shows these types of movies will backfire from it's intended purpose and the hypocrisy will be so obvious his own mother will disown him. It will do nothing but increase NRA membership.

Comment

Maybe the title will be "Apaco'lies Now" or "Quackwork Orange" or maybe even "Sleasy Writer".

Comment

I tend to agree with Buckhunter. Odds are they will try so hard to prove a point they'll way overdo it and manage to lose credibility with some of those who are "on the fence". Nothing like a village idiot to make the people move to the other side of the river!

Comment

Why hire actress Meryl Streep?
            Congresswoman Dianne Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi would do a better job at bashing NRA or an anti gun movie.
            Feinstein and Pelosi would act in the movie at no charge.

Comment

I'll boycott but what buckhunter said is probably true!

Comment

I say bring it and let's see if it even shows a blip in polling. The kind of people who'd be excited to see that are already cheerleading those who want to strip their rights. It's the more subtle constant bombardment that I worry about. Anyone see the War of the Worlds Remake with Tom Cruise? It's pretty typical. There is one civilian handgun in the entire movie that I recall. Belongs to TC. He decides it might be prudent to be armed during an alien takeover of the world. Apparently a big mistake. It still get's taken from him by a mob and subsequently used against another civilian in the skirmish over his car. That's the kind of pervasive more subtle programming to be leery of.

Comment

Gary - I think you're right. Many times a studio will lose money while the leading man or lady makes a fortune.
                  Tom Cruise was fired from one of the major studios a while back because of a "Mission Impossible" sequel in which Tom cleared $80 million while the studio just about broke even.

Comment

Makes tons of money on movies that have prolific gun use and then a movie that is anit-gun. This is hollywoods do as I say not as I say, and yes I said that right, bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

jcarlin - I remember a movie called "The Trigger Effect," with Kyle MacLachlin, Elisabeth Shue and Dermot Mulroney.
                      Good story line about a major power blackout in lower California with a lot of chaos. Dermot Mulroney buys a shotgun out of fear, and winds up with a bullet in his gut because he intimidated another armed citizen who was just as fearful.
                      It left me thinking that all of this could have been avoided if he hadn't bought that damned shotgun. Very subtle message.

Comment

Read "Thank God I Had A Gun!" by Chris Bird.
                        Read specifically Chapter 1. It covers one groups effort to protect themselves in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina!
                        Now THAT movie I'd pay to see!

Comment

DITTO~~buckhunter
                          well said.

Comment

Hell has a special place for Hypocrites. Make a massive amount of money on firearms violence in movies (Gun P-or-n) and it is “Art”.. Create Po-rn-o add a story line and it is “Art”, Glamorize drug use and it is "Art". As society degrades and the world becomes more and more superficial around us, it is someone else’s problem. We make “Art”.

Point Firearms (OK Weapons) have been with us since the beginning of history but didn’t become an issue until firearms violence was glamorized as “Art” and violence sensationalized,

Gaining firearms knowledge from "ART” is like learning to drive by watching Fast and Furious, thats like watching TOP GUN and flying a fighter. I have seen surgery on the DISCOVERY CHANNEL, when can I get my M.D and license to practice?

Hollywood “Art” has an effect. They want the accolades when the make great movies (and to be honest occasionally they do make really great movies) and none of the responsibility when it is sleazy Gun P-or-n that infects the minds of the next generation. That would be the definition of Hypocrite. They are actively lowering the standards of our society.

Comment

Sorry about the rant. My point that I didn't get to, IS Hollywood is just as or more responsible for the Gun violence when they glamorize it as ART and then wash their hands of it when tragedy strikes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad