Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know how many of you have heard about the execution of Dennis McGuire yesterday in Ohio but you soon will. Here's an art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how many of you have heard about the execution of Dennis McGuire yesterday in Ohio but you soon will. Here's an art

I don't know how many of you have heard about the execution of Dennis McGuire yesterday in Ohio but you soon will. Here's an article on what happened. news.msn.com/crime-justice/ohio-executions-face-criticism-after-unusual-death My question is. Why should he be afforded a painless death for what he did to the young pregnant women he raped and murdered? My opinion is justice well served. Lets here your thoughts.

I think people should be killed the same way they killed others, when possible.
    We coddle our criminals too much to the point the sentence looses it meaning.

Comment

"You'll get the chair!" was a threat that struck terror in the hearts of violent criminals when "Old Sparky" was the prescribed method of execution.

Comment

Whut they said!

Comment

Society's take on this is the 8th Amendment to the Constitution, barring "Cruel or unusual punishment" which unfortunately has translated into coddling the most vile transgressors of your rights. I do not have a problem with the firing squad, I think it is quick and cost effective. I also do not have a problem with water boarding, why do terrorists get better treatment than kids in my high school getting "swirlies" when they got picked on by bullies? right now the vile KSM terrorist who planned the 9/11 attack gets to have his propaganda published in the newspapers, I just do not understand people sometimes!

Comment

Just this past October, the state of Arizona executed a 71-year-old man who had been on death row for thirty five years! Unbelievable.

Comment

I have thought the same as jhjimbo for years now. Execute the same way that they killed their victims. If torture was involved so be it. I also think that there should be a limited amount of time/appeals that can be made or had. As Judge Parker (the "Hanging Judge" of FT Smith, AR) said, 'The sure and swift punishment of the criminal element is the only defense the law can provide for honest and law abiding citizens.' (Or words to that effect.)

Comment

As a hunter I never want the animals I kill to suffer. This guy was also an animal, no doubt about that. I can see no point in stooping to sub-animal behavior by wishing torture on anyone. I do not oppose the death penalty. I do oppose the State of Ohio experimenting with the drug cocktail to kill this guy. That is inexcusable.

Comment

As a society we must remain above the transgressions of criminals. With that said, the Constitution does not guarantee a painless death but one which is not cruel. The man was in no pain and his gasping for air was involuntary. The drugs used are well know and have been used in the US for years. But if the media can make a story out of nothing, they will.

Comment

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope there is a special place in hell for guys like this.

Comment

Proper use of a length of hemp rope and a short drop is neither cruel, unusual, nor experimental, and the guy won't gasp for air.

Comment

While I can absolutely understand the want for an eye for an eye I do believe it would lower societies standards if that is followed. With that said, the death sentance should serve two purposes, one to take evil out of society and two is to dissuade others from doing the same crime. Having people on death row for 35 years does nothing to dissuade others. If death is ordered the appeals process should be quick and the sentance should be carried out quickly.

Comment

I am familiar with the case, I do not know whether it was "cruel and unusual". I do know that after the heart stops beating person often will continue with "Agonal respirations"...gasps for breathe a few to several times a minute. These can go on for several minutes. They are not pleasant to witness but that person isn't alive. A person making "agonal respirations" may be possible to rescuscitate, though that is irrellevant here. As mentioned above hanging and firing squad are both cheap and effective.

Comment

I'm with Buckhunter and Wittsec. To me there is no point in lowering ourselves to the level of merciless criminals. One of my best friends defends criminals on Death Row for a living and he and I go around and around on this. My opinion on Capital Punishment is: Get the right guy, give him adequate legal counsel, dot all the I's and cross all of the legal T's. Promptly exhausst his appeals and execute him swiftly.

Comment

His last meal should have been his own deep fried testicles.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad