Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russell Johnson just died at age 89. RIP. He played the part of the professor on "Gilligan's Island" who was always just one coc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Johnson just died at age 89. RIP. He played the part of the professor on "Gilligan's Island" who was always just one coc

Russell Johnson just died at age 89. RIP. He played the part of the professor on "Gilligan's Island" who was always just one coconut away from finding away to get off the island. People have always wondered why a guy who could make a radio out of a coconut could not repair a leaky boat. Were you among them?

I never thought about that but I just realized that he was the first 'survivalist' on television.

Comment

Never thought of it. Maybe I was paying to much attention to Ginger?

Comment

Ditto Buckhunter.
        Maryann was also a sweetie to watch.

A Gilligan Island Joke,
        On a Christmas cruise on a luxury ocean liner in the Pacific, a passenger sees seven straggly people on a small island jumping up and down and waving their hands and shouting.
        "Who are they?" the passenger asks the captain.
        "I've no idea. But each year when we pass, they go nuts."

Comment

The only two left are the "not married" girls on the show. My wife said that is more proof that she should have remained single because the single women on the show have lived longer.

Good bye Professor Roy Hinkley, and you did a great job of keeping everyone on the island from leaving every night with the filming crew. I hear that you had a hotel on the other side of the island where the filming crew stayed and you had to guard the filming crew's boat from the castaways. But I was sorry to hear you admitted in the end that the the island was not really an island at all but just a byland or rather peninsula. You had originally discovered this fact while exploring the "island" and kept the real truth from the rest because of Mary Ann Summer's good coconut creme pies.

Comment

If you were stuck on a tropical island with MaryAnn and Ginger how hard would you really be trying to get off the island?

Comment

Didn't know there wuz ennybuddy else on the screen butt them Young Chicks!

Comment

This is weird. I read the news before coming to Field and Stream, and the last article I read was about the hold-out Japanese soldier who lived on an island for about 30 years after Japan surrendered -- and of course, in the comments, everyone mentioned that he or one of his counterparts had been on Gilligan's Island. Two different mentions of Gilligan's Island, not just in one day but in one twenty-minute period. Maybe before the end of the day, I'll get that long-awaited love note from Mary Ann!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad