Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a follow up to my other question could you guys recommend a good low power scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a follow up to my other question could you guys recommend a good low power scope?

As a follow up to my other question could you guys recommend a good low power scope?

AAM

Not sure what all they build, but Leupold builds both fixed and variable power scopes.
    For a .308 Win, I don't think I'd select a fixed power.
    For a variable, I like the 2.5-7.
    Plenty power for long shots. Good field of view up close.
    A 3-9 would also work well, but it's size may overwhelm the M11's carbine "ish" size.

Comment

JMO~~ You mite look at See-through Scope mounts for that 10-15Yd Jump a Hog Hunt with a 2.5-7x40 Scope on Top.

Comment

Redfield makes a good 2-7X variable and for fixed power I would recommend a Weaver K4.

Comment

A 2-7x33 Leupold VX-2 or a 1-4X Leupold VX-2 would be good. I have the 2-7x on a .308 and it is great for the intended purpose. I'm going to mount the 1-4x on a .300 Savage 99 when I find the bases I misplaced...

Comment

I have a 1-4X Nikon that I love.

Comment

I’d recommend open sights for hog hunting but if you desire a scope, get one with an exceptional field of view and a large exit pupil (easy to see through it as you raise the scope to your eye). In combination these scope features will be most important for close up, fast moving dangerous game. Not sure what price range you are in but the Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 1.75-5x32mm has a 147 foot field of view at 100 yards (that lets you see wide and high). Safado's 1-4 Nikon is great too with a 93 foot field of view.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad