Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else see this SkimWords stuff? I made a comment on JC's hook removal post yesterday and "john boat" showed up in blu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else see this SkimWords stuff? I made a comment on JC's hook removal post yesterday and "john boat" showed up in blu

Does anyone else see this SkimWords stuff? I made a comment on JC's hook removal post yesterday and "john boat" showed up in blue with a link to ebay. I certainly didn't do it myself, but I can't figure out if its an AdWare problem on my end or the site did it. Does anyone else see it?

I don't know what skim words are but I have had computer games pop up just navigating around this site. Shoot the Turkeys for one and some other I have never heard of.
    I also have to run a disc clean every few days or it really gets bogged down with cookies and AdWare stuff.

Comment

yes I have. In fact, I typed the word "treestand" in one of my answers and it highlighted blue. Just for the heck of it I clicked on it. it turned out to be a link for Christmas tree stands. I don't think the skim words are any good.

Comment

yes I have. In fact, I typed the word "treestand" in one of my answers and it highlighted blue. Just for the heck of it I clicked on it. it turned out to be a link for Christmas tree stands. I don't think the skim words are any good.

Comment

Thought this was odd when it happened to me the other day. Have no clue of the cause.

Comment

Orvis, should work with this word.

Comment

It happens all the time. It seems to be related to the sites you visit and the words you type in your comments. A minor problem compared to those blasted pop-ups.

Comment

On one hand I guess it's good that it not just me, on the other hand it sounds like this is a program F&S has installed on the site and it's adding Ad links to our text, which seems kind of questionable. I don't really mind all of the other ads that this site is loaded with, you can't ask for something for nothing, but this is different. It makes it look like the users are endorsing what ever shopping links are added.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad