Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football Lingers. McCarron's mom was called a racist for criticizing Winston's inability to enunciate. I saw a news article that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Lingers. McCarron's mom was called a racist for criticizing Winston's inability to enunciate. I saw a news article that

Football Lingers. McCarron's mom was called a racist for criticizing Winston's inability to enunciate. I saw a news article that said many college athletes are entirely illiterate. It's not that they're stupid, just different training. Can you speak their language?

www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/01/08/erin-pkg-wian-thug-toddler-video.cnn.html

Comment

Winston did not use profanity. He just spoke perfect Ebonics.
      Bill Cosby once said his "brothers" would never be doctors when they say things like, "Where he at?" and "What he drive?"
      Bill ought to know. He played a doctor on TV.

Comment

Dexter Manley who was an all pro lineman for the Washington Redskins and had a college degree from OSU couldn't read and write. Just another example of play football for us and we will give you a college degree. Rumor was they had to put tape on his right hand so he knew which way was right and left.

Comment

Call me a troll if you want but why should these guys who run around in tights and play a game for their living be labeled "Heros?" Maybe it's just me but I kind of feel like that title should be reserved for people who have done things like sacrificed life or limb for their Country or others. Not these foul mouthed womanizers who spawn more children then they can keep track of, literally. Now go ahead, give me negatives and hurl insults at me if you please, but at least I don't go around in other men's jerseys. And if you have no idea what I'm rambling about this question is labeled under the category of "Heros."

Comment

People who enjoy watching football consider them to be "heroes." They number in the millions; that's more than you and me.

You fall short of "Troll."

I don't sense that you would ever complain about another writer, in an endless pursuit of CONTROL.

But you seem to have enough motivation to become a genuine Feel & Scream Douchebag (Top 10 Contributor).

To be a true troll, you must be consistent and persistent over many years.

And try to impose an off-the-mark shotgun vendetta viewpoint on people who only want to socialize and visit with friends.

But you must learn the difference between "then" and "than" if you aspire to "douchebag."

The video, of course, is a joke, but it's not.They made reference to thugs in the title, matching Michener's "hired thugs from out of state" referenced in CENTENNIAL.

Out on the field and around campus, they speak their native tongue, as it was taught at home. It is not profanity to them, or even salty.

I saw MoFo roll right off a basketball player's tongue during an interview with sportscasters.

Comment

People who enjoy watching football consider them to be "heroes." They number in the millions; that's more than you and me.

You fall short of "Troll."

I don't sense that you would ever complain about another writer, in an endless pursuit of CONTROL.

But you seem to have enough motivation to become a genuine Feel & Scream Douchebag (Top 10 Contributor).

To be a true troll, you must be consistent and persistent over many years.

And try to impose an off-the-mark shotgun vendetta viewpoint on people who only want to socialize and visit with friends.

But you must learn the difference between "then" and "than" if you aspire to "douchebag."

The video, of course, is a joke, but it's not.They made reference to thugs in the title, matching Michener's "hired thugs from out of state" referenced in CENTENNIAL.

Out on the field and around campus, they speak their native tongue, as it was taught at home. It is not profanity to them, or even salty.

I saw MoFo roll right off a basketball player's tongue during an interview with sportscasters.

Comment

I don't have a clue why it posted twice.

Oh, yeah, it looks like maybe 5 of the Top Ten are no longer here, so there is plenty of room at the top...

Comment

Worked with a guy who's brother was drafted by the NBA. (never made the first cut!)
                  Chuck's idea was! No professional athlete is worth ovet $150k a year. You can't play professional sports without a college degree. (no associate's degree, bachelor's degree or better)
                  I have heard ebonics out of the likes of Rev. Jackson and Sharpton. When you make a living spreading hate and discontent.......

Comment

His Ebonics were without fault---he just couldn't seem to string more then four words together in a coherent manner. I get so [email protected] tired of these people who run screaming and tittering and flapping their hands at any hint of political incorrectness. Toughen up and grow a pair, people.
                    By the way, he is a bona fide hero and has the media-hyped Heisman Trophy to prove it. It always seems to me that the racist accusations only run in one direction. Poor babies. Us caucs have to get along without the equivalent of a Black Entertainment Network.
                    Bill Cosby is MY hero.

Comment

HATE on HATERS!!!

Comment

Well, first off, I don't hate anyone. Even after they call me a d0uchbag. Secondly, I'm not even going to get into the profanity thing. Thirdly, if you want me to see eye to eye with you then (or is it than?) simply give me an explanation as to why a bunch of guys, who, for a living try to get a ball to a line drawn in the grass should be lumped into a the same category as, let's say, Chris Kyle. If you can give me a mature and reasonable explanation then you might actually persuade me to join your side. Believe it or not I'm not that hard to persuade.

Comment

Barnaby, thinks fer the ringing douchebag endorsement.....

Comment

Football is the number one sport in America. More viewers watch the Super Bowl then any other sporting event on this planet. The Super Bowl is shown worldwide in other countries.
                            Football players are all strong muscular guys in their best physical condition. Players wear helmets, shoulder pads and other protected gear so they don’t get injured, paralyzed or even killed. These players take hard hits on their bodies and amazingly they get back up to play on.
                            In my lifetime I never heard anybody call football players “men in tights“. I played football in high school and I know first hand what its like to get hit at full speed. If M.A.T. or Texan/Dallas played football they would understand. Dallas, For your information men in tights are ballet dancers.

Comment

Football players and other athletes put in many hours getting themselves physically fit to play their sport and their sports are extremely demanding especially football and I admire them for their sacrifice that they put forth. However I don't view them as heroes either, I guess it may be because I am a combat Veteran, and I view Veterans as the true heroes. It seems like everyday in the news we read about one of athletes getting into trouble with the law and I think that that is because they are undereducated and just can't stand success and fame and because of the way they have been treated and put up on a pedestal all during college they think they can do anything they want to. Check the graduation rate of college athletes and it will shock you. One of the best quarterbacks that WV had never attended one class during his 4 years at WVU. Someone else took his tests for him. That is not a rumor, that is a fact.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump
                                by crm3006
                                From # 1 Bubba- HEY!!! MOTORMOUTH!!!!
                                Too chicken s#¡t to take my bet?

Yep, he is, # 1 Bubba. Just a Canajan phony with a hot keyboard...
                                Today, 04:20 PM
                              • Trump
                                by Danbo
                                https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/16/coro...-outbreak.html
                                04-17-2020, 06:15 AM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                Ya know bhr!
                                I think conservatives have figured out that "racist" and "sexist" are trigger words and liberals use them to shut...
                                Today, 03:57 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by FirstBubba
                                "... I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly...
                                Today, 03:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X