Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you say the .325 WSM is decresing or increasing in popularity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Vincent Favata;n741927]
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    What does it have over the .338 or .340Wby ?[/QUOTE ]
    I really don’t care. All that matters is that the two I have give me pleasure. As does every firearm I own. Otherwise why would I have bought them in the first place ? Besides, being my first oddball cartridge, the 325wsm prompted me to take up reloading. I bought enough ammo and brass for three lifetimes. It’s my way.
    lol
    I like your thinking, you like it and that plenty good enough reason . The 325 wsm gave you a reason to hand load and in my opinion that even increases your enjoyment of your rifle. I’m with you, I recently purchased a Remington 8 mm mag and enough brass to last through 3 rifles , it’s unique and I love it! Good luck and have fun.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pmacc60;n742129]
      Originally posted by Vincent Favata View Post
      I like your thinking, you like it and that plenty good enough reason . The 325 wsm gave you a reason to hand load and in my opinion that even increases your enjoyment of your rifle. I’m with you, I recently purchased a Remington 8 mm mag and enough brass to last through 3 rifles , it’s unique and I love it! Good luck and have fun.
      Rem 8 Mag!? Good grief Charlie Brown!
      Wha'cha doin'? Clearing land and gathering acorns?

The 8 Mag came out on the late 70's and was to compete with the .300 Win Mag and .338 Win Mag.
      Rem did well, but it was a bit(?) more rifle than the average "white tail" hunter wanted or needed.
      It just never did catch on.

I agree, agree you like it, that's all that matters! 😉!
      I shoot an AR in 6.8mm Rem SPC for the same reason. I like it and it works for me.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pmacc60;n742129]
        Originally posted by Vincent Favata View Post
        Is that a Rem 700? Is it the standard LA or is that a longer action for the 8mm ? You are the second I know with a 8mm.. I worked with a guy heading out for Elk and he thought it might be a good round for that.

Comment

Jim it’s a 700 KS long action, it still has the hang tags on it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad