Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently bought a used leupold scope and it is really off zero. Any ideas about getting it back to a factory zero, if there i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently bought a used leupold scope and it is really off zero. Any ideas about getting it back to a factory zero, if there i

I recently bought a used leupold scope and it is really off zero. Any ideas about getting it back to a factory zero, if there is such a thing?

Maybe I'm not reading you correctly, but scopes are meant to be adjusted, or zeroed, using the elevation and windage dial adjustment. There is no such thing as factory zero, unless you are thinking of the phrase "optically centered." If you are way off, to or nearly to the outside end the adjustment range, then you have a mount problem, not a scope problem.

Comment

O' Dat's so simple!

Step 1: Turn the knob in one direction until it stops.

Step 2: Now turn the knob in the reverse direction counting the number of rotations until it stops again.

Step 3: Divide the reverse rotations in half then rotate the nob accordingly, do it for both elevation and windage.

Comment

DITTO~~ Clay Cooper & Amflyer.

Comment

If it will help any, last Leupold I "centered" had almost 10 revolutions and centered at about 4.75 revolutions, windage and elevation.
          I keep a cheapie Weaver base mounted on a 2x4 mounted to my shooting bench. New scope or old, it gets mounted, checked for parallax and centered. Just in case.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad