Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate these scope companies: Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, Burris and Redfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    I’ve had great customer service from bushnell but that doesn’t make up for the trouble I’ve had sitting in a deer stand with a bushnell atop my hunting rifle wen I have had a problem bushnell corrected it without any fuss but that’s not worth going without a good rifle because it don’t have a descent scope sitting on top of it

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    If the Nitro gives me a problem maybe I’ll just sale it and leave bushnell all together stay with nikon we have several prostaffs a few Leupolds but nikon got me right and I haven’t had to look back not one time but I’ll let ya know how it goes with another round with bushnell how do u guys feel about it

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    I have a prostaff5 2.5-10-50 on a 308 that’s what I mostly deer hunt with after nikon got my first one right I haven’t had not one problem with it it stays zero but the legend kept its zero also don’t no what happened to make it go white looking very bright completely unusable in the hunting woods but they claimed it would be here wen I’m gone but that didn’t happen I hope the Nitro will last I like to shoot my safari 3006 sometimes also.does anyone know anything about the new bushnell Nitro think it will last me a while or I’ll be right back with bushnell again for something not working like it supposed to

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    I always thought bushnell was good because they been around for a long time but after I had a bushnell ultra hd 3-9-50 as great as it was it still went bad hunting one afternoon after talking to Bushnell about it they wanted me send to them.i did they replaced it with a bushnell 2.5-10-44 Nitro I’ll give it a try because it was some kinda way free but the legend was supposed to last the rest of my life but it did not Nitro has a 30yr warranty on it guess I can give it a try he’ll wont be here in 30yrs probably anyway leave it to my kids what u guys think about that thanks

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    I think the leupold rifleman 3-9-50 is a complete pos turrets that are freely turning no noticeable clicks in them at all pos all I’m going to say bout that some may like them but I definitely do not lol rifleman leupold POS

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    Having had all of these rifle scopes that Bushnell legend ultra hd 3-9-50 is a hard one to beat I love mine extremely durable and accurate atop my browning 3006 safari shooting 180gr Federal rifle cartridges I can’t say enough bout this fantastic rifle scope

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    Guess leupold make descent glass but Bushnell and Nikon make some pretty tough rifle scopes as well I think leupold is to expensive that’s why u don’t see more on rifles all around the country if ther prices wur lower u would see more ppl using them u don’t have to do a second mortgage on ur house to get a hunting rifle scope that works but I guess long as ppl will pay leupold prices they never change I had one hated it exchanged it for a new freedom 3-9-50 it seems ok enuff but for now I’ll stay with my prostaff5 2.5-10-50 and my pride and joy Bushnell Legend Ultra hd 3-9-50 it seems to be my best

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    I’m not saying Cheap like a ncstar or the newer tasco less dollars from some of the nikons or even some top shelf Bushnell’s are as good or better than Leupold just my 2cents

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    They say leupold is the best but I’ve had some success with Bushnell legend and Nikon prostaff5 although I got 2.5-10-50 monarch haven’t hunted with it yet my legend is pretty damn clear and seems very durable I’m not scared to shoot it at sunup or sundown my nikons are pretty good to no problems the Leupold is just a big name for lots of $ cheaper scopes are just as good and cost a lot less

Leave a comment:

• Georgiaoutlaw
    replied
    How would u hunters out their rate a 3-9-50 legend ultra hd rifle scope to a leupold rifleman 3-9-50 what u say is the Better scope for deer hunting with a 308

Leave a comment:

• Tony Lee
    replied
    Burris, Leupold, Nikon, bushnell

Leave a comment:

• Tony Lee
    replied
    Burris. The best. wonderful light transmission, clearer, just plain better.

Leave a comment:

• Clay Cooper
    replied
    Don't forget, Redfield is now owned and operated by Leupold

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    You have made a valid point, which would I rather shoot a Nikon Monarch or a Leupold Rifleman. The answer is the Monarch every time. You are trying to compare apples and oranges trying to compare the top of the line scopes of one to the bottom of the line of others.

Leave a comment:

• Amflyer
    replied
    Actually, this whole question is pretty subjective. Which would you rather shoot: A Burris Sig Select, or a Leupold Rifleman scope?

I think if you actually compare the scopes across a certain $$ amount, you'd find a lot of parity.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad