Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate these scope companies: Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, Burris and Redfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate these scope companies: Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, Burris and Redfield?

How would you rate these scope companies: Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, Burris and Redfield?

1. Leupold
    2. Redfield
    3. Nikon, Burris
    4. Bushnell makes "okay" barnacles!

Comment

1 Leupold
      2 Burris
      3 Redfield/Nikon
      5 Bushnell

Comment

1 Burris/Leupold
        2 Redfield/Bushnell Elite
        3 Nikon

Comment

I consider Leupold, Burris similar for equal models/with equal features and price point.
          The other three are in a similar group of comparable priced scopes.

Comment

I prefer Leupold. I have three Nikons and they are fine. I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 that I really like. Never owned any of the others, but all things considered, all of them are comparable within the price points.

Comment

Leupold
              Burris/Bushnell
              Nikon
              Redfield

Of these the Leupold/Redfield warranty/ customer service is the best. All but Redfield have a line of scopes with quality in direct proportion to price. Leupold sets the standard for good scopes throughout their line at each price point but they tend to cost more than similar scopes at each level.

I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x Tactical that I like and the Burris C4 is a great long range varmint scope too. Burris and Bushnell have populated the planet with very low cost, bottom of the line trash scopes but they also make some good ones if you are willing to pay the price.

Nikon makes scopes that are competitive at each price point. The Monarch line has very good glass. I use one for deer/elk hunting on my 30-06 and like it.

The Redfields are nice for general hunting but are low end scopes. I don't care for their light transmission, field of view or the thick reticle but the importance of these features depends on how you intend to use it. In the 70's they were top notch hunting scopes; now they are decent competitors in the $150-$200 low end range of scopes.

My first choice is always Leupold but I'll use Vortex, Nikon, Bushnell and Burris if I don't want to spend the money.

Comment

There's only one scope, LEUPOLD!
                The others are poor imitations!!!

Comment

I have been using one of the poor imitations, giving them some rough treatment, for over 50 years with nothing but outstanding results and without one of them going bad. I also use their binos and cameras too.

Comment

Redfield and Bushnell are both the best, scoring 13 pts each in Scrabble. Leupold is next at 10 pts, Nikon at 9 pts, and the lowly Burris dead last, scoring only 8 pts.

Keep in mind that Svarovski scopes, widely regarded as the best you can get, scores 19 Scrabble word points. That's probably why they cost so much too.

Comment

I agree with Clay but as for me the choices would go Leupold, Bushnell, and Redfield. Never had any dealing with Burris and although Nikon has some good scopes, their customer service, or lack of has totally turned me off of their products all together. I did put a new Cabela's Euro on my .270 and love it's clarity and light gathering capabilities. This scope replaced an old Redfield Widefield 2x7x32 that was put on in the late 70's and was very sad that day I took it off because it lost all the nitrogen and turned all yellow inside.

Comment

1 Leupold
                        2 Burris
                        3 Redfield
                        4 Bushnell
                        No experience with Nikon scopes, but their binoculars and rangefinder have served me well.

Comment

Obviously some have never experienced Burris' line of U.S. Made scopes like the Signature Select, Black Diamond, or Six X series.

Comment

Actually, this whole question is pretty subjective. Which would you rather shoot: A Burris Sig Select, or a Leupold Rifleman scope?

I think if you actually compare the scopes across a certain $$ amount, you'd find a lot of parity.

Comment

You have made a valid point, which would I rather shoot a Nikon Monarch or a Leupold Rifleman. The answer is the Monarch every time. You are trying to compare apples and oranges trying to compare the top of the line scopes of one to the bottom of the line of others.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Horse Race
                                by crm3006
                                BH75R: " Is there anything that turkey will not believe from yahoo ?"

I don't think there is a lie outrageous enough that the bandicoot...
                                Today, 12:58 PM
                              • The Horse Race
                                by rock rat
                                There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
                                Yesterday, 09:43 AM
                              • Reply to How Do They
                                by crm3006
                                jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots"...
                                Today, 12:46 PM
                              • How Do They
                                by jhjimbo
                                How do the spammers enter spam so fast - today, at 3AM they entered every minute of the SAME thing. I tried to counter this AM and the site would not...
                                Today, 09:31 AM
                              • Reply to How Do They
                                by FirstBubba
                                "bots" jimbo!
                                "bots" is short for "robots".

It's a programming thingie....
                                Today, 12:40 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...