Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The University of Minnesota head Coach was headed to an interview with a prospect in a rural area and he stopped to ask a teenag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99explorer
    replied
    BTW, when I say draft, I am not referring to the NFL draft.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    It should be noted that those were the war years, when most of the best college athletes in the country were taken in the draft, except those attending the service academies.
    Glen Davis rushed for more than ten yards per carry. I think that record still stands.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The 1946 Army team had two Heisman trophy winners in the backfield, Doc Blanchard, who won the trophy as a junior in 1945 and Glen Davis, who won it in 1946.
    Between 1944 and 1946, the cadets had a record of 27-0-1.

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Ah'm not sure Ah wood git in the ring with someone with a name like "Bronco Nagurski."

Sounds like he wood jerk your arm outta de socket like mah famous cousin, Beowulf, and then eat it.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    99, just a wild guess, I say the University of Southern California??

Leave a comment:

• Jim Malone
    replied
    Great question about the man from my hometown, International Falls. My dad has many stories about Bronko

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    And for extra credit, what college football team had two Heisman Trophy winners playing in the backfield at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• Barnaby Wylde
    replied
    99-

Bullseye!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Bronko Nagurski.

Leave a comment:

• The University of Minnesota head Coach was headed to an interview with a prospect in a rural area and he stopped to ask a teenag

The University of Minnesota head Coach was headed to an interview with a prospect in a rural area and he stopped to ask a teenager directions.The young guy had been plowing without a horse. He was recruited immediately and was a star at Minnesota, as well as for the Bears.He was a 4 X NFL first team all-pro and is in the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.Who?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad