Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What color of vanes should i get for my arrows. I will be hunting for turkey in spring and fall, but also november for deer. W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color of vanes should i get for my arrows. I will be hunting for turkey in spring and fall, but also november for deer. W

What color of vanes should i get for my arrows. I will be hunting for turkey in spring and fall, but also november for deer. What gives the most visibility. Probably not green because i wil practice with them to and dont want to lose them in the grass.

white, pink, blaze orange, fluorescent green, etc. when you buy your fletchings just look for something colorful. you'll be able to find them easier. also, if you're willing to try new things. might i recommend a FOB (fletchings only better) by www.starrflight.com because they fly straighter and faster then normal fletchings. they cost a little more, but man they last longer. they'll never break off when shooting because if you do a pass through, the FOB pops off of your arrow and lands exactly where the animal was standing when you shot it. they're VERY visible. you might want to look at some youtube videos, and visit their website. it's really a cool deal. they buck wind much better than a normal fletch, because normal fletchings aren't as stable. they bend and flex in mid-air, and a FOB is made of a strong plastic like material and it doesn't bend. i'm thinking of buying some. it's interesting.

Comment

and if your worried about losing your arrows, might i recommend a lumenok? or an easton lighted arrow nock.

Comment

Reid Jones is right about recommend a lumenok if you’re worried about losing arrows. May I had Turkeys can see colors and I’ve been busted a few times because of it!

Comment

I like fluro orange!

Comment

I like fluro orange!

Comment

I like fluro orange!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                by FirstBubba
                jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
                Today, 07:26 PM
              • Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                Yesterday, 08:55 PM
              • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                by FirstBubba
                Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
                Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
                Today, 07:18 PM
              • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                by crm3006
                Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                Today, 05:22 PM
              • Reply to Rest Easy
                by jhjimbo
                I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
                The site is much more enjoyable...
                Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X