Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just curious. Whats the farthest any of you has ever taken a coyote? I was driving around the other day and shot one at 311 yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just curious. Whats the farthest any of you has ever taken a coyote? I was driving around the other day and shot one at 311 yard

just curious. Whats the farthest any of you has ever taken a coyote? I was driving around the other day and shot one at 311 yards. I only thought it was about 200 but got the rangefinder out when I walked out there. I shot it with a .243 using 55grain handloads I got from a guy who swears by them. I traded the coyote for 2 more boxes of shells. Whats your farthest?

About 45 yards for the unlucky one that walked in front of me during deer season. I had the sun behind me which put it in his eyes so he was walking slowly toward me and never knew I was there. This was the first one I have seen that wasn't running wide open. Where I hunt it is thick so seeing one beyond 100 yards would be a rarity.

Comment

426 yards with a Friends 22-250. It was a left handed gun and I am not. The coyote was after some tiger trout (yellow perch) we had left on the ice while ice fishing. I was resting on the window sill of camp. If not for the perch (the rest), I could never have hit him. If not for the perch (the bait) I never would have seen him.

Comment

345 yards

Comment

About 250. I've been practicing for much longer shots most of my life but most opportunities are inside this range.

Comment

nearly 500 but it is a shot I could never repeat. there is a dry lake out by where I live. When driving out to deer hunt we busted a group of 4 dogs about 200 yard out picking apart a fawn. after slaming on the brakes the 4 of us loaded our deer rifles as we jumped out of the car. After the first shot rang out they all scattered and I walked my shot into the dog running across the tree line on the other side of the lake with my mentor telling me where i was hitting. the best part is we got all of them even if it did take like 20 shots.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad