Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between a bum, a hobo and a tramp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference between a bum, a hobo and a tramp?

What is the difference between a bum, a hobo and a tramp?

An excellent question 99! In my experience (short as it may be) A bum is someone who may or may not be homeless, but is sort of a low life, who prefers to get by doing the minimum. A hobo is slang for a homeless individual, usually someone who moves camp every now and then. And a tramp (in this day and age) is a woman who uhh, is a little more, shall we say "active" than she should be. or an outcast individual who prefers to live by themselves without the help of others.
    -Jack

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Dallas and MDhunter summed it up. And Dallas while 99 might be a hypocrite your question didn't really have alot to do with hunting either.

Comment

Not much.

Comment

It's semantics and the eye of the beholder. Hobo's ride the rails esp in the 1930's and used to do work for the food they received. Bums ask for something for nothing and tramps are hobo's that travel by foot in my definition but they are interchangeable I think.

Comment

JMO~~ A Hobo-is a Migratory Worker and Takes Long Holidays.
              A Tramp-Is Pathologically allergic to Work and avoids it at all Cost.
              A Bum-Is the lowest of the low,He has NO desire to travel and even less for Work.And Man Do we have a load of Them!!
              Just saying........LMAO

Comment

There are a lot of annoying people out there who like to whine and complain about others for no reason.

What the different between a complainer, a whiner, or one who has to b.tch about stupid things?

Peace to everybody on Field and Stream!

Comment

Gary, I would give you a + 10 if I could.

Comment

Gary very well put +1

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

OK McWort [Wort a useless piece of flesh that is difficult to remove]; I will give you the attention you so desperately crave. Once and only once.

Since you like related subjects. Here is a Holiday Wish.

I have some Mistletoe in my back pocket. So you know what you can Kiss.

That's how you do it. Be insulting and funny on the same post. Do not expect a response. I am too busy on the Holidays to banter with someone as challenged as yourself.

Comment

Dallas, you looked up those definitions on "the free online dictionary." Except for tramp. That definition must be yours.

And why does that MAT kid always post right after you?

PS: Did you know that there is a McWhorter elementary school located in Dallas, TX?

PPS: the movie "Firefox" with Clint Eastwood was on the tele last night. It was poorly done, had bad effects, but I still found it mildly entertaining. Cheers!

Comment

Mr. Huber,
                              It wasn't real funny, but you were being insulting, so why don't you back off the name calling, A-hole calling, telling people to kiss your bottom, and calling people useless flesh.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad