Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After looking at the article about the 20 best knives ever, how many hunting/camping knives do you consider too many to own.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After looking at the article about the 20 best knives ever, how many hunting/camping knives do you consider too many to own.

After looking at the article about the 20 best knives ever, how many hunting/camping knives do you consider too many to own.

I think that would depend on how many rooms you have in your house:-)

Comment

More than three - a Case Small Stockman (pocket knife), a Schrade 7 in fillet knife, and a Case Leather Hunter (6 1/2 in fixed blade)...and I plead guilty to owning too many.

Comment

Thee biggest problem is deciding which one you want to use. I've got a couple dozen that I have accumulated over the years.

Comment

I have my fancy going out knife, a case pen knife. A working pocket knife that I abuse and have to replace frequently. My good hunting knife, a 4" drop point, and a back up. A good filet knife. My bird and trout knife. Finally, my leatherman. Of course a Woodsman's Pal and a good camp ax are also needed, but I am not sure if you want to put those in the knife catagory. Those are not the only ones I own, but they are the only one a really need.

Comment

Ain't no such animal as too many knives. I'm still looking for the perfect one---haven't yet shelled out the coins for one of those Diamondedge blades. I have a little Boker automatic opener that I love for pocket carry. I clean hundreds of pounds of fish a year (not kidding)mostly with a Gerber or Rapala fillet knife in 6" and 7" and appropriate Dexter boning and fillet, and serrated blades for bigger fish like bull reds and big king mackerel.

I love my Cutco hunting knife and keep my Buck with the gut hook close at hand. I also like the Cold Steel Master Hunter.

Comment

I'm 15 and I've been collecting knives for 7 or 8 years and have exactly 100. I need a bigger box.

Comment

You cannot have too many IMHO. They usually go up in value too!

Comment

There is never too many knives in a collection. I think they are great to hang on to and pass down. I have a cold steel Gunsite folder I carry at work but I always have either a Case or Opinel carbon blade model on me. I recently got on a carbon knife kick after I bought my first one and realized how easy they are to sharpen. I also like the character the blades get from darkening after use. That reminds me of my grandfather's knives. I bought the Opinel about 6 months ago after reading what a value it is for the money. It is one knife I am seriously impressed with. If you get a chance search for the reviews on the internet if you are not familiar with them.

Comment

I like to collect USED knives on ebay. The odder they are the better. I have lost track of how many I have.

Comment

I make bench made sand use different knives all of the time. It's kind of a fetish for me but I do have 2 favorites. A small 2.75 inch skinner, and a 6 inch multipurpose blade. I don't think you can have too many. It just gets to b a pain sharpening them.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad