Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry woofy you tide lost and there three peat championship hopes taken away. Looks like the SEC's championship streak is going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry woofy you tide lost and there three peat championship hopes taken away. Looks like the SEC's championship streak is going

Sorry woofy you tide lost and there three peat championship hopes taken away. Looks like the SEC's championship streak is going to end unless ohio state losses or Auburn jumps ohio state somehow.

Guess I have to answer for Bayouwoof,as he is indisposed.But I talked to him on the phone during the game and he suspects they threw the game.He may be right.They were so sloppy and the vote of no-confidence and final runback were not consistent with Bama's die-hard spirit.

Comment

At one point, the Tide had covered the point-spread (21-7 in the second quarter), and it looked like a blow-out in the making. Complacency set in, and by the time the Tide woke up, it was too late.
      That ending reminded me of "The Miracle in the Meadowlands," when the N.Y. Giants lost a game they had already won by fumbling on the final play of the game while they were running out the clock.
      The offensive coordinator for the Giants was fired for stupidity in not calling for a kneel-down, but nobody suggested that the game was thrown.
      Barnaby, please get woofy to come in off the ledge.

Comment

Actally, I have nevva been on the Bama campus in mah life.

If'n Ah had, Ah wood nevva admit it.

Good thing there aren't enny Auburn alumni around here...

Comment

It's a football "game"! Get a grip!
          The only undefeated man in history died young! (i.e. - before he could get his butt whupped!)

Comment

If I were a gator fan, I do not think I would be throwing rocks at anybody in the SEC. Our hopes for a 3peat may have been quelled, but it is better to be a has been than a never was. Alabama played the worst game I have seen them play in recent memory, Auburn did not win this game, we lost it.

Comment

It seems there is an upset every week in college football.
              I know someone who used to enter the contests sponsored by newspapers that offered a prize to anyone who picked all the winners, and my friend never won because he picked all the favorites, with no upsets.

Comment

I think you should listen to Bubba.

Comment

I have no effing idea why Saban called that FG play. Should have put the ball in McCarron's hands one more time. It is just a game and there is always next season ;-)

Comment

Well said WAM

Comment

WAM, I felt you as you do until I found out that the freshman was the number one most sought after place kicker in the NCAA. His career record in high school of PAT's is 100% and field goals (all distances) is above 90%. This kid spanks 'em from 60 with startling regularity. What I don't understand is why we didn't have any of our speedsters on the field to cover the kick return man and why were they all shifted right and the returner came up the left. Just another example of poor execution by the Crimson Tide, something that had plagued us all afternoon,,,

Comment

RES - Don't be so hard on the special team's play during that final FG attempt.
                        Typically, there is more than one special team for different kicking situations, each with different player personnel: one for punts and kickoffs, where the players are selected for their tackling ability (linebackers and safeties), and another for PATs, and FGs, where the players are selected for their blocking ability (heavy offensive linemen).
                        In this case, they were all on the right side of the field centered on the right hash mark, and had probably never seen a field goal attempt caught in the end zone before.

Comment

Good point, RES!

Comment

One final point: Auburn's Chris Davis, who returned the FG attempt for a touchdown, is a cornerback.
                            He leads the team in tackles!
                            If the play had been a fake kick, he was back there to put a stop to it, not to return the kick.
                            He was just as surprised as anyone else at the outcome.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad