Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This site has all but become dysfunctional! It locks up almost continuously. Things were always pretty bad but now just about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site has all but become dysfunctional! It locks up almost continuously. Things were always pretty bad but now just about

This site has all but become dysfunctional! It locks up almost continuously. Things were always pretty bad but now just about impossible! Talk about counterproductive! Is anyone paying attention at corporate headquarters?

It often takes me more than five minutes to post anything. Moving around in the site is almost impossible. It keeps locking up. Man, that just doesn't cut it. Didn't think it could get worse but now this site has become nigh onto useless!

Comment

It often takes me more than five minutes to post anything. Moving around in the site is almost impossible. It keeps locking up. Man, that just doesn't cut it. Didn't think it could get worse but now this site has become nigh onto useless!

Comment

See! First post disappeared into the twilight zone so I submitted it. Anyone who doesn't highlight and copy their post before trying to submit it is wasting their time most of the time.

Comment

See! First post disappeared into the twilight zone so I resubmitted it. Anyone who doesn't highlight and copy their post before trying to submit it is wasting their time most of the time.

Comment

And again!

Comment

I'm not having problems, Honk, and I work off an android phone!

Comment

I honestly feel like the site might work better on a phone because it disables so much content.. But I agree with OHH. The site is inexcusably bad. Which depresses me because I think it holds so much potential but you run people away when it's as glitchy as it is..

Comment

Just by coincidence this is the first time I have been able to post without multiple logins or looooooong waits to get on or post. Maybe the Cyber-Lord is listening to you OHH.
                  Still have to do the CAPTCHA.

Comment

About the only trouble is around noon and 4-5pm when the provider is swamped, things slow down.
                    When woof posts, for some reason I have to scroll toward the bottom of a blank page to find it.
                    Sometimes when I start to type an answer, it jumps down about 1/3 page and I have to scroll back up.
                    Copy your post before hitting submit is a good idea. Also, you do not have to wait forever. After waiting several seconds, if you exit and reenter you will find your answer there. Copy your post first just in case it is not.
                    Another thing, sometimes you can enter GunNuts faster than F&S, and then go to where you want to go.
                    I use a desk top with time-warner as provider.
                    I am going to copy now...

Comment

The above posted in 2 to 3 seconds. Jim

Comment

I agree that the site has lots of problems. I typically have to log in two or three times to get it to work. Other times, it tells me that the username and/or password is not valid (although I check to make sure it is). The videos often do not load, and when they do, they are often not the video that is supposed to be there, but instead a different video. One time when I tried to post an opinion contrary to the "global warming" opinion in the article, it would never take my comments (scientifically based, but who cares). But what the heck, they don't charge me and when the site doesn't work, I go to sites that do work and don't have to deal with F&S's ads.

Comment

Ninety nine percent of the "problems" I have are self inflicted.
                          No problems signing on or posting. Get a captcha pretty often.

But I gotta ask!
                          What's with the Outdoor Life ad at the top of the F&S page?
                          Yep it's clothing, but it has a ® at the end, so it's "authorized" by OL!
                          LOL!

Comment

Ninety nine percent of the "problems" I have are self inflicted.
                            No problems signing on or posting. Get a captcha pretty often.

But I gotta ask!
                            What's with the Outdoor Life ad at the top of the F&S page?
                            Yep it's clothing, but it has a ® at the end, so it's "authorized" by OL!
                            LOL!

Comment

I have pretty much the same problems as jimbo outlined above. Plus, whenever I press the "Answers" key to get back to page one, it takes forever for it to change the page. I find that an extra click helps there, but never on the "submit" key. That always gets you a double post.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad