X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    First Bubba,
    I have a signed copy of the book! I met Mr. Jordan when he was writing for Shooting Times, and we had the U.S. Marine Corps in common, so dialogue seemed easy. He was hearing-impaired at the time and we joked about hearing aid batteries. I wasn't aware of the AD and subsequent fatality.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    EJP
    That was the name of Jordan's book, "No Second Place Winner"
    Jordan was an exhibition shooter and was very good in that respect.
    As a BP agent?
    Legend has it the only man he killed was a fellow agent.
    The story goes the agent was in his office, polishing his boots.
    Bill was in the next office, practicing his "fast draw" when he dropped his gun, resulting in an accidental discharge.
    Unfortunately for the agent in the next office, the bullet struck him in the head.

Leave a comment:

• mspl8sdcntryboy
    replied
    Quote from a friend from college "Fight fair? Hell no, I'm gonna win"!

Leave a comment:

• IND_NRA
    replied
    Always cheat, always win!

Leave a comment:

• Edward J. Palumbo
    replied
    I'm reminded of Bill Jordan's comment: "There's no second place winner in a gunfight."

Leave a comment:

• LostLure
    replied
    Sounds similar to Murphy's Law of Combat.

remember- Incoming bullets have the right of way!

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    sorry for the no post yesterday on the same question i work for the sheriffs office and had to run out the door before i got done.

Leave a comment:

• kolbster
    replied
    rules for a gunfight
    #1 Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns. Make sure everyone brings their OWN ammo.
    #2 If you can, make friends with those highly skilled on “Crew Served Weapons” Bring them as well. Borrow lots of money from them, it gives them an added incentive to protect you.
    #3 Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
    #4 Only hits count. Close doesn’t count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
    #5 If your shooting stance is good, you’re probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
    #6 Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
    #7 If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a couple of friends with long guns.
    #8 In ten years time, no one will ever remember the details of what caliber you used; the stance you used; or what shooting tactics you used. History will only remember those who lived and usually forgets those who didn’t.
    #9 If you are not shooting, you should be doing 3 things: Communicating, Reloading, and Running.
    # 10 Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on “pucker factor” than the inherent accuracy of the gun in your hand.
    #11 Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. “All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket.”
    #12 Someday, someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it was empty.
    #13 In combat, there are no rules: Always Cheat; Always Win! The only unfair gun fight is the one you lose.
    #14 Have a plan.
    #15 Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.
    #16 Have a secondary back-up plan to your primary back-up plan no good plan last over 10 seconds after the first shot.
    #17 Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The only visible target should be the one in your gun sights.
    #18 Flank your adversary whenever possible.
    #19 Protect your flank at all costs.
    #20 Don’t drop your guard.
    #21 Always tactical reload and threat scan 360 degrees.
    #22 Watch their hands. Hands kill! Gun Fighter’s Motto: In God we trust! Everyone else, Keep your hands where I can see them.
    #23 Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
    The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
    #24 Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet as quickly as possible.
    #25 Be courteous to everyone, over friendly to no one.
    #26 Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to three skill sets: Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Capitation.
    #27 Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with at least a ”4…”

Leave a comment:

• Just a thought on home and self defense see first post

Just a thought on home and self defense see first post

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
    by FirstBubba
    You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
    What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
    Today, 04:24 PM
  • Visible Voter "fraud"
    by FirstBubba
    First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
  • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
    by rock rat
    A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
    Today, 03:25 PM
  • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
    by dewman
    Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
    Today, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to Copper bullets
    by rock rat
    As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
    Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X