Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This evening I was out scouting for ducks at a big conservation area in northern missouri that is known for phesants. Didnt see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening I was out scouting for ducks at a big conservation area in northern missouri that is known for phesants. Didnt see

This evening I was out scouting for ducks at a big conservation area in northern missouri that is known for phesants. Didnt see enouph ducks worth hunting but I did manage to kick up a rooster phesant. This isnt the first time Ive kicked up a phesant or too at this spot. Durring dove season I kicked them up all the time in the same area. Im not much of a phesant hunter, where Im origanaly from there just wasnt any around, but I figure I should give it a try at this spot. What is the likleyhood that this bird will be hanging around in the same strip of grass tommorow afternoon? You should know that this bird took off like a bat out of hell. Will this have much of an effect?

I used to hunt pheasant in upstate New York, and then the population dropped so low I stopped hunting them. Same thing in Ohio, I see one every so often but don't hunt them. I think the coyotes and house cats get a lot of them.

Comment

Work the cover in the area with wind in your face and sun at your back. And work quietly. It's almost criminal to hunt pheasants without a dog. If you wing one, you'll never get it without a dog. They run like the wind.

Comment

Ha, he was there. And I missed. Only shot of the afternoon...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad