Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you focus the reticle on a scope using the eyepiece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you focus the reticle on a scope using the eyepiece?

How do you focus the reticle on a scope using the eyepiece?

Read the instructions provided or download the manual from the manufacturer online.

Comment

Just ahead of the rear eyepiece, there should be a knurled locking ring. Loosrn the locking ring until the eyepiece will rotate. Turn the eyepiece until the teticle becomes clear. Then, simply hold the eyepiece in place and retighten the locking ring. VoilĂ !
      NOTE: The locking ring should be tightened "firmly" by hand only! NO TOOLS NEEDED"

Comment

It helps to get a sharp focus if you place a white handkerchief over the objective lens and aim at the sky or a bright indoor light while turning the eyepiece.

Comment

Loosen the ocular lens (rear) lock ring if there is one. Look at a white wall or the sky and focus your eye on the reticle. Turn the ocular lens until the reticle appears in its sharpest focus. Lock the ring if there is a lock.

Comment

Use they rear eyepiece ring to adjust your eye relief. Look through it at a paper or something bright. Adjust it until it opens up all of the way for where you rest the rifle at. The focus is generally further forward on a scope and is used to clarify your view after you zoom or change range.

Comment

Use they rear eyepiece ring to adjust your eye relief. Look through it at a paper or something bright. Adjust it until it opens up all of the way for where you rest the rifle at. The focus is generally further forward on a scope and is used to clarify your view after you zoom or change range.

Comment

DakotaMan,
                I tried that, but the reticle was still hard to see and out of focus at differant ranges.

Comment

M.A.T

Buy a better scope!

Comment

M.A.T - Once you get the reticle in focus, it stays in focus, no matter what range you are looking at.

Comment

M.A.T., in s second focal plane scope (which most of them are), the reticle should stay in focus at all magnifications. If it changes and goes out of focus you have a bad scope or a cheap scope. I'd suggest a call to the scope manufacturer support line. I thought you said you had a Nikon Prostaff, they should stand behind it (I hope), I know you won't have a problem with a Vortex Diamondback in that price range.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad