Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have a strin-suppressor on their bow? Would it be worth getting one if my bow is already pretty quiet? Can you list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Plenty of pros and less cons!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    i use them, have for years . they will quiet your bow but it never will be silent . i think they reduce the chances of string jump , but this is hunting and nothing is granted . i only use one on the bow i shoot now. two may be ok but don't think more is always better in this case because you will loose arrow speed for sure .

Leave a comment:

• moosemania
    replied
    it couldm't hurt

Leave a comment:

• chuckles
    replied
    The advantage to string suppressors is decreased noise at the shot. The disadvantage is that you lose some arrow speed (2-5 feet per second depending on type) due to the weight of the suppressor slowing down the string.
    DakotaMan is right, deer can and will "jump the string" as they hear the noise of the bow before the arrow gets to them. Sound travels faster than arrows.
    Whether or not string suppressors stop deer from doing this is up for debate as they do not eliminate noise. All bows make noise at the shot and nothing completely silences a bow, especially if you can hear like a deer. I suppose all things being equal less noise is better than more but a nervous deer or one that has been shot at before with a bow will likely react to the noise. I don't use them but I shoot a pretty slow bow (243 fps arrow speed) so I want to keep all the speed I can.
    A very experience archer who is somewhat of a mentor has always told me "Speed thrills but accuracy kills". Happy hunting!

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    You should have them... they really quiet the string noise. Deer are UNBELIEVABLY fast. They can dodge an arrow at 25 yards and they react to string sound like you and I would react to a howitzer shot. Its hard to believe until you see it happen but it can happen.

Leave a comment:

• Reid Jones
    replied
    so many pros, so little cons. pros is that it reduces string vibration and noise(obviously). a con is that if you want one that actually performs well, you're going to have to spend some money. another con is that some of them only go through so many shots, and eventually they fall off and break. especially the rubber ones.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    i dont see to many cons for it. it would add quitetness and not take anything away. it sounds like you would be ok either way.

Leave a comment:

• Does anybody have a strin-suppressor on their bow? Would it be worth getting one if my bow is already pretty quiet? Can you list

Does anybody have a strin-suppressor on their bow? Would it be worth getting one if my bow is already pretty quiet? Can you list the pros and cons for me please?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad