Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyones after the hunt back at camp sitting around the fire drink of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattM37
    replied
    Black tea, as strong and hot as I can stand it. I like to make it while I hunt, too, with a little fold-up fuel-tab stove (though I don't bother with the tabs since I figured out that a fist-sized chunk of fatwood is enough to boil my water). A steel cup and the stove take up far less space than a thermos. I love coffee, too, but it burns me at both ends. This is probably way more answer than anyone needed or wanted.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I like some Eagle Rare and a good Rocky Patel cigar.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    All depends how hard the days hunt was, or is to be. Whisky & water or Bacardi gold & coke. I enjoy VO &water. Fireball warms the lungs quite well I but was just told about bird dog and considering trying the cinnamon version. A cheap cigar on the last night goes well also.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    D. Mc,
    I meant the website, and did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Cold beer.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Just a cup of coffee.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    crm,
    Have you tried the Famous Grouse Gold Reserve?

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Maybe I should qualify also.
    I'm not a teetotaler, I just can't "imbibe" in a hunting camp!
    Just one of them "thangs"!
    At home?
    A small glass of a sweet red wine a few minutes before bed and I'm history!

Leave a comment:

• Longrifle
    replied
    A nice ale with supper. Afterward sip some bourbon or rum depending on the company. Lately partial to Elijah Craig 12yr, or Pyrat xo. Nothing wrong with Knob Creek or Mount Gay Extra Old to change it up a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Grassroots89
    replied
    [Blank]

Leave a comment:

• M.A.T
    replied
    I've been reading for about a year, but just recently got an account, and I am not trying to act like one of the original guys, but Trapper Víc is back.

Leave a comment:

• Trapper Vic
    replied
    I'm with WAM, and a fine cigar. Besides I'm there to relax as well and enjoy the evils of my ways!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    One good Famous Grouse or Highland Park, or an Ezra Brooks and seven. Usually puts me right to sleep after skinning, quartering and eating. We eat good at our annual deer hunt.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad