Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is everyones after the hunt back at camp sitting around the fire drink of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyones after the hunt back at camp sitting around the fire drink of choice?

What is everyones after the hunt back at camp sitting around the fire drink of choice?

this is of course assuming (assuming should never be done) that rifles are put up, and everyone is in for the night.

Comment

I nice ice cold brewski

Comment

One ICE Cold Rebel Yell Beer! With a Good Camp meal. after a good days hunt.

Comment

Milwaukee's Best Light or Leinenkugel's Oktoberfest (if you can still find it this late in the year).

Comment

A good and cold Bud Light. I am not much of a liquor drinker but I have found one whiskey I really like. Bird Dog Backberry Whiskey. They also support conservation groups such as RMEF, Pheasants Forever, Quail Forever, and the NWTF. So I feel like I'm helping the cause everytime i take a sip.

Comment

A good 12 year-old Scotch like Dewar's Special Reserve or Macallan. I usually hunt at higher elevations, so a little goes a long way for me. Partial to a good Tennessee Sour Mash as well.

Comment

Jack Daniels Old No. 7 or Canadian Mist with a ice cold Ice House beer.

Comment

Call me boring, but I don't require alcohol to revel in the day's events.
                  I hunted one camp for 29 years. Alcohol was ever present. I never drank there. Personal quirk I suppose.
                  Fresh bottle of water.

Comment

Water for me too.

Comment

Coffee or tea at our camp. Alcohol isn't present at our camp. The days hunting stories are intoxicating enough.

Comment

No booze. I'm too bushed for that and usually have birds to take care of. Even a beer would put me face down in my drool. If my brother is here and we manage to get done early enough one night, we may go up to the Eagles and have a light beer draft while waiting for a pizza. But it's only three blocks from the motel. And we never drink more than one (he's diabetic).

Comment

Should add that there is seldom a fire and evening drinks are usually reserved for the last night or an evening that I am not hunting the next morning. One of my hunters will have a rum and coke come hell or high water. Those boys down at the Eagles and VFW are Professional Grade drinkers most places.

Comment

Cold clear water and hot black coffee are the only two things I drink most days. A drop of alcohol hasn't passed these lips since Dec 18th 2010. Friend of Bill.

~Laker

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad