Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which scope do you like better, the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 with a Duplex reticle, or a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 with a Dead-Hold BDC ret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M.A.T
    replied
    Pray-Hunt-Work,
    This is purely curiosity, but was I not previously comparing apples to apples?

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Looks like I beat you to your own Story Dakota, sorry about that...

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    Both fine hunting scopes! I'd take the Vortex for clarity and light gathering more like the Leupold VX3. If it were up to me, I'd spend the extra $75 and get the Viper HS in 2.5-10x. Its a few ounces heavier but worth it. I really like the BDC reticle for long range shooting too.

Both Vortex and Leupold product support are outstanding. Last month I bought a used Viper PST 6-24x FFP on gunbroker.com. I detected a tracking problem the day before departure on my elk hunt. I called them for help and they were ABSOLUTELY the BEST product support I have ever experienced in my life. They were amazingly sympathetic and pulled all stops to analyze it and ship a new scope within an hour of arrival. They shipped for next day delivery on my route to Montana. I was able to install, certify and use it on my 2013 hunt that very week. An amazing scope! Amazing support! I've had the same experience with Leupold repairing a sticky magnification ring on a used VX2 but it took them three weeks and I have always been elated with their support.

I buy scopes from both companies in used condition on ebay or gunbroker because their warranties are so exceptional.

The one feature I prefer on the VX2 is the bump on the magnification ring. It helps me turn the ring while aiming through the scope. The Vortex is smooth and a little more difficult to find while aiming. I have several Leupold scopes (mostly VXIIIs) and have nothing but respect for them. A VX2 is almost their low end though and nothing like a VX3 and above. The Viper HS IS closer to a VX3 for about $150 less.

Look at them side-by-side and take the one you think is better... you can't go wrong. And don't be afraid the Viper won't perform... it will.

Leave a comment:

• Pray- hunt-work
    replied
    Congratulations, you're now comparing apples to apples. Either would be great, my next will be a vortex though. Not sure if you read about Dakota Mans dealings with Vortex customer service but it was much more remarkable than leupolds.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Leupold!

Leave a comment:

• Which scope do you like better, the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 with a Duplex reticle, or a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 with a Dead-Hold BDC ret

Which scope do you like better, the Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 with a Duplex reticle, or a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 with a Dead-Hold BDC reticle. Each company has equal warranty policies, so I'm just talking performance.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad