Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone on here have experience with the Leupold VX-2, Burris Zee Rings, Warne Weaver-Style steel bases, or Warne scope ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone on here have experience with the Leupold VX-2, Burris Zee Rings, Warne Weaver-Style steel bases, or Warne scope ring

Does anyone on here have experience with the Leupold VX-2, Burris Zee Rings, Warne Weaver-Style steel bases, or Warne scope rings.

MAT, I have the Burris Z rings on a Rem 700, 22-250 with a Burris 16X24 scope. I ran out of vertical adjustment on the scope, so got the Z rings with the inserts. They come with pairs of three different thicknesses. So, you put one thickness on one end and a different thickness on the other to bring the scope back in adjustment range. The inserts adjust inside the rings so they are always in line with the scope tube. Anyone with a vertical adjustment problem should investigate them as a possible solution.

Comment

Don't know about the rings.
      A good, solid, single piece base is good.
      Just about any "split" ring works very well.
      Even Weaver "style" rings are good! I just have a dickens of a time getting the crosshairs level/vertical! LOL!
      Unless the mounting system you select is "crap", the scope will do a tremendous job!

Comment

I have Warne Maxima rings and bases on three of my remaining rifles, and they are "bombproof". I also have Redfield, Leupold, Weaver, Conetrol and Millett rings and bases on other rifles. I think highly of Warne Manufacturing, which is located less than two miles from my home. I've been using their rings and bases since 1992, and they've been very good to me. The Conetrol rings have bases have complement some of my varminters very nicely.

Comment

I use a Leupold VX2 2-7z50. A good solid scope that is parallax free and highly accurate. Clarity is not as good as the VX III and above but it is fine for close range work (inside 400 yards). Mine developed a sticky magnification ring and Leupold fixed it without question. I consider a Nikon Monarch or a Vortex Viper to be a better scope. Look through them side by side.

I use Warne rings for my heavy recoil (30-06, .300 Dakota, .375 H&H) rifles and they work great. I use their quick detach rings on the .375 and they work very well, holding zero after detaching and remounting. I highly recommend them. Tighten the top screws to 15 inch pounds and the bottom ones to 25 inch pounds of torque.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad