Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.338 Winchester Magnum vs .300 Weatherby Magnum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will keep my .338 Win Mag for elk, or anything else that needs shootin', thank you very much. Don't need some exotic cartridge I cannot find ammo for, in the back stretch of beyond, should I ever get there.

Comment

Originally posted by M.A.T View Post
      The power of both is within 100 ft.-lbs, trajectory at 300 yds are within 2 inches of each other, the .338 Win. Mag. would probaly get the nod for penetration because it fires heavier bullets, ammo availability is probaly in favor of the Win. Mag., wind drift is within 3 in. out to 500 yds, the catch is the .338 has more kick. If you're hunting you're probaly be firing 1-4 rounds, but the key to shooting accurately is not being afraid of you're gun.
      I'd take the 300 weatherby all day long.. much better rifle. Put a muzzle brake on it and reduce the recoil by 50% and you got one bad ass rifle that shoots accurate and is completely reliable.. 338 win mag is good. Don't get me wrong but I have shot both. I think for the cost and if your on a budget get the 338 win mag. I personally just prefer the weatherby.

Comment

300; weatherby mag is definitely better than the 338winchestermag. I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Safado View Post
          300 Weatherby all the way. Don't own one but I have a .340 Weatherby. The minimum load for the .340 Weatherby is higher than the maximum load for the Win Mag.
          I just joined this group forum. I actually decided to answer this first because I shot a 300 weatherby in the army for 5 years as a SNIPER. It was customized and I had the muzzle brake which took ,50% of the recoil away. It was extremely accurate and reliable. As far as shooting at the range or hunting both rounds 338 win & 300 weatherby are very close with ballistics. The quality of the two weapons and accuracy is gonna go to the weatherby.. hands down!!!! I am not saying the 338 win mag is a POS because it's not. I'm saying they are comparable when it comes to hunting although the 338 does kick quite hard. They both will inflict the same type of damage as one another. It's all about what there gonna be used for and how much you want to spend.. I shot a 1200 yard $SHot from a 30 foot balcony at a 35┬░decline and the target was moving. But honestly guys there both great rifles. So it's just a matter of who wants what and everyone has there opinions. Buy what makes you happy and that's all that matters. Happy Shootin!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Holy guacamole!
            by bowhunter75richard
            Another American gas and oil project has just been defeated with the apparent Willow Project being shut down. If and when we become dependent on foreign...
            Today, 08:18 AM
          • Holy guacamole!
            by FirstBubba
            Headed out this morning for a jaunt into Texas.
            Needed fuel, so stopped in a truck stop.
            YIKES!!!
            Diesel was $3.759/gal! We've been...
            10-19-2021, 08:04 PM
          • Reply to Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by labrador12
            I'm with you pmacc60. I can remember the Democrat Party when they were still Americans, proud of the Constitution as it was written. That was before they...
            Today, 08:14 AM
          • Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by FirstBubba
            Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) is considering stepping away from the (D) party!
            His plan is to register as an "independent" (I).
            That...
            Yesterday, 05:21 PM
          • Reply to Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)
            by FirstBubba
            I'd like to see Manchin change party affiliation. Maybe we can eventually get Senima to change parties too. The (d)'s are giving her blue blazes because...
            Today, 08:13 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X