Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about l

Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about leather boots with rubber soles?

Scent comes out of the leather.
    Rubber knee-high are the best.

Comment

the leather will hold your human sent rubber wont .

Comment

leather is permiable. Rubber ain't. Bowhunting, rubber is the better choice

Comment

Cooner is right the rubber won't hold your sent. If you get the right pair they're pretty comfotable too, don't be afraid to spend the same money you would on a pair of leather hunting boots.

Comment

That's a bunch of crap. I think Goodyear put that info out.

Comment

Rubber is better because it is virtually scentless. leather has a scent to it that is somewhat unnatural to the deer and rubber holds in scent due to the fact that the atoms are packed together tightly enough to keep scent molecules in unlike leather.

Comment

Studies show that a deer can smell a track made by a leather boot for up to 9 hours after the track is made. Rubber boots 2 hours.

Comment

SUPPOSEDLY, leather holds a human scent more so than rubber boots which SUPPOSEDLY don't hold any human scent. I don't use rubber boots and still continue to have success.

Comment

I use rubber boots!

Comment

I use rubber boots!

Comment

I use rubber boots!

Comment

Originally posted by rudyglove27 View Post
                          I use rubber boots!
                          We've been feed a bunch of hogwash. Rubber boots are cheaper to produce and. They can still out a hefty price tag on them. It's all about the profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by rudyglove27 View Post
                            I use rubber boots!
                            We've been feed a bunch of hogwash. Rubber boots are cheaper to produce and. They can still out a hefty price tag on them. It's all about the profit margin.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                              by rock rat
                              Or has someone write it. It seems most book deals only net a few million. I think the Obamas got in the single millions.

We don't know what...
                              Today, 09:58 PM
                            • I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                              by rock rat
                              Both years he paid $750

And of the 15 years before that he paid no taxes in 10 of those years.

He works as hard at tax avoidance...
                              Yesterday, 06:29 PM
                            • Reply to Big Green
                              by FirstBubba
                              Won't disagree, but getting away from Gov. Cuomo (D-NY) is a matter of life and death.

P.S. - nothing would please Cuomo more than getting...
                              Today, 09:49 PM
                            • Big Green
                              by FirstBubba
                              Remington to be bought out by seven (7) different investors!...
                              Today, 10:05 AM
                            • Reply to Bad news for COVID-19 "cases"!
                              by rock rat
                              OSHA suggests that the safest method for retail establishments to deal with non compliant customers regarding masks is to not confront them. Some non...
                              Today, 09:48 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X