Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Moye
    replied
    Originally posted by rudyglove27 View Post
    I use rubber boots!
    We've been feed a bunch of hogwash. Rubber boots are cheaper to produce and. They can still out a hefty price tag on them. It's all about the profit margin.

Leave a comment:

• John Moye
    replied
    Originally posted by rudyglove27 View Post
    I use rubber boots!
    We've been feed a bunch of hogwash. Rubber boots are cheaper to produce and. They can still out a hefty price tag on them. It's all about the profit margin.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I use rubber boots!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I use rubber boots!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I use rubber boots!

Leave a comment:

• FloridaHunter1226
    replied
    SUPPOSEDLY, leather holds a human scent more so than rubber boots which SUPPOSEDLY don't hold any human scent. I don't use rubber boots and still continue to have success.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Studies show that a deer can smell a track made by a leather boot for up to 9 hours after the track is made. Rubber boots 2 hours.

Leave a comment:

• hunterkid94
    replied
    Rubber is better because it is virtually scentless. leather has a scent to it that is somewhat unnatural to the deer and rubber holds in scent due to the fact that the atoms are packed together tightly enough to keep scent molecules in unlike leather.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    That's a bunch of crap. I think Goodyear put that info out.

Leave a comment:

• herbie57_57
    replied
    Cooner is right the rubber won't hold your sent. If you get the right pair they're pretty comfotable too, don't be afraid to spend the same money you would on a pair of leather hunting boots.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    leather is permiable. Rubber ain't. Bowhunting, rubber is the better choice

Leave a comment:

• Hunter Savage
    replied
    the leather will hold your human sent rubber wont .

Leave a comment:

• Big O
    replied
    Scent comes out of the leather.
    Rubber knee-high are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about l

Why is it that everybody says to use rubber boots while deer hunting? I mean how do they help keep your scent down? What about leather boots with rubber soles?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad