Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What grand outdoor adventures do all of you here on FieldandStream.com have planned for this Memorial Weekend?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grand outdoor adventures do all of you here on FieldandStream.com have planned for this Memorial Weekend?????

What grand outdoor adventures do all of you here on FieldandStream.com have planned for this Memorial Weekend?????

I have family coming to town, so can't camp all weekend as I would like. I do however plan on sneaking off for a little fishing on Sunday as most of our rivers and streams open this weekend. The water is very high from the mountian snow melt, but know of a few pockets where the Cutthroat pool up in high water......

Comment

I'll go to the rifle range Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mornings. Then barbeque with my children and grandchildren Monday afternoon. My wife will be returning from her place in South Carolina, and hopefully, my son will be returning from film location in Santa Fe. Both have been gone for a few weeks, so looking forward to having them home. Son is a stunt man, not an actor.

Living in Los Angeles my hunting/fishing trips are spread out but of longer duration. Don't feel too sorry for me, beginning in August I'll make up for lost time.

Comment

i'm going to schedule my tee time for...oh, 2.

Comment

saturday is honey-do day, getting the garden ready etc...

sunday and monday will be devoted to either fishing or glassing for bears, I havnt decided which yet...since we are now speeding toward the summer solstice, we are enjoying 24hr daylight...makes glassing for bruins tough though as they pretty much confine their feeding to the very wee hours when light is lowest...lakes in my area arent quite ice-free enough to fish so if I dont go bear hunting I will likely target some pike in the river...

Comment

Camping and Fishing (the crappie action is supposed to kick-in to high gear this weekend) with my family and in-laws, starting Friday Night after work, through Monday Afternoon! Yeah!

Comment

Selling our honey at the local Farmers Market on Saturday morning. Harvesting more honey and getting my weekly apitherapy treatment on Saturday afternoon, extracting honey on Saturday night. Hopefully enjoying a lazy Sunday capped by watching the Coke 600 on Sunday night. Yard and vegetable garden work on Monday and probably more beekeeping chores... maybe a peek at the Indy race, and a family cook out Monday evening.

Comment

hey bee keeper
                have you ever heard of root bee supplies from Ohio

Comment

Do you mean one of the oldest and most respected bee oriented companies around. Makers of all sorts of candles and publisher of the fine beekeeping publication, Bee Culture of which an acquaintance of mine is the editor?

Comment

i got an old bee smoker that was my grandfathers that was made by them. dont know when but he has been gone a long time now .i bet the thing is pushing fifty years the stamp on reads the A. i. ROOT COMPANY
                    MEDINA, OHIO ,U. S. A.

do they have a web sight ?

Comment

Cooner,

Yes, but the company no longer sells bee keeping equipment. They make hundreds of thousands of candles and publish Beeculture magazine. The link below is to the magazine but there are links to the other parts of the company in the upper right hand corner of the magazine web page. A polite email to the company should get you some info about the smoker. Keep it in good shape, old smokers are becoming collectors items. I've seen some fetch a decent amount of money.

http://www.beeculture.com/

Comment

beekeeper- have you heard of, A Bee Company they set out honeybees in my local area. i'm not sure where they're from though.

Comment

bee keeper
                          thanks much for the info. i am not looking to sell the smoker . i am just toying with the idea of some hives . and would like to know about how old that smoker is if it is possible. as far as taking care of it it sits on a shelf in my reloading area

Comment

idaho, work. Not in the traditional way but in the must do way. Just bought a house and have to paint, lay carpet, etc before the move. Not very traditional but I might manage to burn a few pork steaks while watching the paint dry.

Happy Miles, please take this in the kindest of ways but, you lucky SOB. I might still be married if my ex wife and I had homes in different states.

Comment

Was gonna go to a 3-d archery tournament with my friend, but his dad (our ride) has to work. It is probably a good thing because I don't have my bow completely sighted-in yet.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                                by rock rat
                                Or has someone write it. It seems most book deals only net a few million. I think the Obamas got in the single millions.

We don't know what...
                                Today, 09:58 PM
                              • I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17
                                by rock rat
                                Both years he paid $750

And of the 15 years before that he paid no taxes in 10 of those years.

He works as hard at tax avoidance...
                                Yesterday, 06:29 PM
                              • Reply to Big Green
                                by FirstBubba
                                Won't disagree, but getting away from Gov. Cuomo (D-NY) is a matter of life and death.

P.S. - nothing would please Cuomo more than getting...
                                Today, 09:49 PM
                              • Big Green
                                by FirstBubba
                                Remington to be bought out by seven (7) different investors!...
                                Today, 10:05 AM
                              • Reply to Bad news for COVID-19 "cases"!
                                by rock rat
                                OSHA suggests that the safest method for retail establishments to deal with non compliant customers regarding masks is to not confront them. Some non...
                                Today, 09:48 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X