Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trivia: In 2011, Utah became the first state to officially designate a state gun. What was it? No peeking, but guesses are allow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia: In 2011, Utah became the first state to officially designate a state gun. What was it? No peeking, but guesses are allow

Trivia: In 2011, Utah became the first state to officially designate a state gun. What was it? No peeking, but guesses are allowed.

I think it was the Kentucky Long Rifle

Comment

I believe it was a Browning 1911. One of John Browning's original designs until he sold the patten to Colt, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Utah’s gun should be a Browning rifle because the Browning plant is located in Morgan, Utah.

I say a Browning 300 mag. rifle.
        Just a wild guess!

Comment

Definitly a 1911, remember them saying that in an issue of Field and Stream.

Comment

Browning 1911. Cause, I believe the Browning plant is in Utah

Comment

The 1911, because Browning was born in Ogden, Utah.

Comment

And the answer is...(drum roll)... the M1911 pistol, designed by John M. Browning, a native of Ogden, Utah.

Comment

Arizona designated the Colt Single Action Army revolver, Indiana adopted the Grouseland rifle and West Virginia picked the Hall rifle.
                  No other states have adopted an official state gun.

Comment

I heard New York is considering the Mattel cap gun.

Comment

not anymore they confiscated my mattel last week because it holds more than eight caps in the side so apparently its a tactical/assault weapon

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad