Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you guys recommend for a pair of good quality heavy duty winter gloves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you guys recommend for a pair of good quality heavy duty winter gloves.

What would you guys recommend for a pair of good quality heavy duty winter gloves.

Dallas, I like my Browning camouflage gloves.
    They are warm and water proof.
    I wore them in central Saskatchewan while hunting deer.
    It was below zero with freezing winds and my hands were warm as toast.

Comment

Cabelas makes some excellent heavy mittens. I have a pair of camo mittens with a removable black liner glove. Keeps me warm. Almost too warm to the point I want to take them off!

Comment

ArcticShield makes a good glove system, liner and outer with finger opening. They also have insulated over-boot booties that keep the feet toasty.

Comment

I have different ones for different jobs. For hunting a stalking I line plain wool military inserts. But they wear easily and are getting harder to find. I keep leather work and winter gloves I’m the truck for emergencies. I find if you keep your core warm with good undergarments and wool, your gloves don’t have to be so thick.

Comment

For stand hunting and ice fishing, I think a pair of glomitts pis the only way to go. I got a pair from Cabellas 6 years ago and they are still going strong. If your slip a hand warmer in each, you're good to go all day. I have a pair of lightweight goretex lined gloves made by Manzella I wear a lot when moving. Hunting on those 40 degree rainy days is much easier with a decent pair of gloves that keep your hands dry.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad