Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had moonshine for the first time in my life last year. My brother and I were over my friend’s house and we were butchering my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Hey guys, what should the alcohol proof read in real good moonshine?
    The link below shows a guy testing the proof on a mason jar bottle moonshine.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBlTBk-3KYM

Leave a comment:

• Teodoro
    replied
    Hobob: They make shine in Pa., too, though I must say I've found it to be far more extensive in the south.

Leave a comment:

• JRE716
    replied
    Would love to find some around my area as well. Guess some day I will have to travel south as no one makes it around my area in Michigan. (That I know of I guess...)

Leave a comment:

• Drover1
    replied
    I believe it is illegal to ship or receive alcoholic beverages through the mail or UPS, etc. without a commercial license. Wineries and distillers are trying to get that changed, but for now it is not allowed. As noted, there are some commercial distilleries making products they market as legal “moonshine.” They probably lack the character of some of the better versions cooked up in the backwoods, but probably are safer too.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Gary,
    Spray a little moonshine on your bait pile, maybe they will forget what time it is.

Leave a comment:

• stephanieperreault
    replied
    I live in Missouri and they sell it in stores and and i have friends that make it i believe here the only way you can get in trouble if u are paying for it or selling it so as long as you can prove that you are not then you should be ok and yeah you definatly need to try apple pie flavored not the kind at the store but home brewed

Leave a comment:

• bayouwoof
    replied
    Even ethyl alcohol (the type people deliberately drink) is bad for your health.

Methyl hazza very similar boiling point, and cannot be totally separated by distillation.

It is far more toxic

Homemade moonshine can kill you due to heavy metal poisoning as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hobob
    replied
    Our state store in PA sell Georgia Moon and several other varieties. Its not as good as homemade but its all us Yankees can get up here in PA. I agree with Buckhunter I had WV homemade years ago and it was fine as wine. But again I lack experience and credentials for such important advice.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    They do make several flavors. You have to know where it came from. Years ago people took short cuts and brewed it through car radiators. That stuff would kill you because of the lead in the radiators. Never drink moonshine unless you know where it came from. You are right it will sneak up on you.

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Best moonshine I've ever had came from WV. Be careful, it can sneak up on you.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    Sarge,
    Thank you for the generous offer. You’re a lucky man to have a 30 year old gallon of shine.
    Enjoy every drop with your family members! Thanks again, that was nice but I want my own moonshine stock.
    I heard they make apple, grape, peach and other favors.

Leave a comment:

• Sarge01
    replied
    Gary, come visit me and I will give you some moonshine. I won't sell you any but I will give it to you. I know several people that make it. It is not against the law here to make it for your own use but it is against the law to sell it. My friend who passed away about 20 years ago gave me a gallon about 10 years before he died. I am letting it age. It is over 30 years now. When I am 70 I am going to try it. That is only 3 years away. It should be really good. Several people here in WV still make it.

Leave a comment:

• I had moonshine for the first time in my life last year. My brother and I were over my friend’s house and we were butchering my

I had moonshine for the first time in my life last year. My brother and I were over my friend’s house and we were butchering my brother’s buck. Afterwards we ate fresh tenderloin and drank some moonshine. My friend was down in Tennessee visiting one of his family members and brought up a bottle. I would like to buy legal moonshine though the mail and pay all the state taxes. I don’t want to break any laws. Can this be done legally? I don’t want anybody to get in trouble crossing over state lines with moonshine in their vehicle. Is moonshine only for sale in the southern states?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #1
    by crm3006
    Anybody ever wonder what slimy nine would talk about, if he made a speech? All of creepy joe's talking points, condensed into three words!
    Today, 11:31 PM
  • Debate #1
    by FirstBubba
    Debate #1 is supposedly a go.
    Not sure if Biden will get his "fact checker" or not. Probably not. If the fact checkers are honest, it...
    Yesterday, 08:42 PM
  • US Mail Found in Ditch in Rural Wisconsin
    by crm3006
    BREAKING: US Mail Found in Ditch in Rural Wisconsin — Included Absentee Ballots

By Jim Hoft
    Published September 23, 2020 at...
    Today, 11:26 PM
  • Reply to Debate #1
    by 99explorer
    He's not my hero.
    He's just the lesser of two evils.
    Much less.
    Today, 11:23 PM
  • Reply to Debate #1
    by crm3006
    Here ya go, bandicoot. Another flattering meme about you dementia suffering hero.

Today, 10:59 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X