Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best scope rings and scope mounts each under $30

What are the best scope rings and scope mounts each under $30

i'm not sure what the price is on these but I bought a rifle with a durasight 1 piece scope mount and it is absolutely solid

Comment

Well,....not exactly sure how to say this....

I guess I would recommend a pair of weaver steel Grand Slam rings. Let me elaborate, the first set of weaver grand slams I bought (about 6 yrs ago maybe?) were total garbage. If you looked at them funny they might rust, straight from the packaging they had burs and ridges that had to be filed/sanded down as to not damage the scope tube. Also one of the screws for clamping onto the bases was "screwed". Seriously. The head was not concentric and would torque the base down improperly.(manufacturing defect) After much fiddling they were mounted. These were made in China if I remember correctly. Now you're really probably wondering why in the bleep I would possibly recommend these.

Due to an inconvenient scope malfunction and knowing it was the perfect opportunity to replace those POS's... I had to go buy new rings the day before season started. Well the only steel "high" ring in stock was Weaver's Grand Slam. I first noticed a change in finish compared to my old ones, although the biggest thing that made me give them a try was the made in U.S.A. marking. These also use 4 screws to hold down the ring halfs as opposed to 2 with the old ones. Mounting was a breeze and they are rock solid. Very definitely and notable change in quality for the better!

So in a nut shell, If you find a set of the older grand slams slowly back away from them. If you find a set of the newer model, I would recommend taking a chance.

Comment

M.A.T

Just about any set of Weaver style rings are $30 or less. Bases too.
        Beware spending too little. Junk will just bring you heart ache and misery.
        Look at it this way.
        It's really nice, but not everybody can rent a Rolls to get to the prom.
        You really don't want to go in grandma's Ford Falcon either, even though it will get you there. Find something in the middle.
        A nice Lincoln or Caddy will get the job done stylishly and won't break the bank!

Comment

I was going to go with the Weaver Grand Slams since there were chosen for this year's Best of the Best Awards but, then I was looking at Amazon.com for them and they had 6 differant salers of the same ones. One of them had 2.6 stars out of 5 so I was a bit weary but, I was wondering why those ones were the only ones out 6 with really bad reviews?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad