Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinions what's the most overated and most underated rifle manufacturers. And BTW can you read the first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinions what's the most overated and most underated rifle manufacturers. And BTW can you read the first post.

In your opinions what's the most overated and most underated rifle manufacturers. And BTW can you read the first post.

I don't want to get in any arguments or start any arguments I just want to get your more expierienced opinions.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I'd Have to say Savage is most underated. For overated I guess I'd pick Browning. Because from what I've heard their A-bolts are accurate but no more accurate than a much cheaper bolt-gun.

Comment

Most underated- Tikka

Most overated- T/C

Comment

Under: Tikka

Over: CZ 550

JMExperience...

Comment

Underrated - NEF Handi Rifles
              Over rated - anything with Mossberg stamped on it.

Comment

Underrated- savage, even though they aren't the prettiest, the work.
                Overrated- Browning, pretty, but no more functional than most other firearms.

I'll have to agree with you, M.A.T.

Comment

Underrated---Savage & Weatherby (although Weatherby is starting to be recognized).

Overrated---Remington & Winchester, Winchester bolt action rifles may be reliable and somewhat accurate, but there are a lot better bolt actions out there for the price.

Comment

Under: Tikka(Beretta)

Over: Weatherby

JMO~~

Comment

Underrated: Mossberg

Overrated: Winchester rifles

Comment

Underrated- Mossberg. They don't get the attention and reviews they disserve IMO

Overrated- I'd have to say Remington and I'll agree with Sarge and put T/C up here too. They are both great companies though. With Remington the name sells their stuff not necessarily the quality(at least not anymore). And for T/C I just don't find them all that great.

Comment

Underrated- Mossberg. They don't get the attention and reviews they disserve IMO

Overrated- I'd have to say Remington and I'll agree with Sarge and put T/C up here too. They are both great companies though. With Remington the name sells their stuff not necessarily the quality(at least not anymore). And for T/C I just don't find them all that great.

Comment

I'll also throw Traditions up there in the underrated category.

Comment

I'm not trying to gripe or argue but I did say rifles. But thanks for the answers. And BTW the reason I picked Savge is because I have Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP in .30-06 that I recently got and the only group I fired after sighting in was a 3/4 MOA group with Federal Fusion.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad