Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best scope in the $200-$300 price range. The zoom range can be from 3-9 to 4-16.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best scope in the $200-$300 price range. The zoom range can be from 3-9 to 4-16.

What's the best scope in the $200-$300 price range. The zoom range can be from 3-9 to 4-16.

I think you'd be pleased with the Leupold VX-1, the Redfield Revolution, or the Nikon Pro-Staff, all of which can be found within your price range. I have a Leupold and two Redfields, and they've performed reliably and well for me.

Comment

Redfield is owned by Leupold now.

I have two Leupolds and on my 25-06 700CDL, I have a Sightron 3x9x42 Duplex and I love it. According to what I've been told, if to take the price of the Sightron compare it price wise to a Leupold like a VX-II, it would be equal in quality to an Leupold VX-III

Comment

PS The Leopolds are both Alaska Arctic and Arizona Desert Proven. The Sightron is just as good if not better at a lesser of a price

Comment

The new Nikon Prostaff 5, it has replaced the Nikon Buckmaster. They still make the regular Prostaff.

Comment

Unless you pay a stupidly high price, money spent on a Leupold is always a wise investment.

Comment

Unless you pay a stupidly high price, money spent on a Leupold is always a wise investment.

Comment

+1 for Leupold

Comment

Vortex Diamondback and then the Nikon Monarch. Even better is the Vortex Viper in 3-9x which sells for $300. Larger magnification Vipers are over $300 but remain the best bang for your buck in that range. Take a look at all these scopes side-by-side. You will see the Vortex scopes have noticeably better clarity and field of view than all the other scopes in this price range.

You won't see any plastic on the Vortex or Monarch scopes either and they will all sustain the recoil of big rifles just fine. The reticles on all of these are among the best available for your specific needs including long range varminting if you so desire.

Leupold is a top notch provider but when you look at the bottom of their line in the Redfield and VX-I scopes, they don't compare well when compared side-by-side to these scopes. The VX-II and better scopes are very good in terms of clarity, accuracy and reliability but they are not in this price range.

Vortex and Leupold have such outstanding warranties that you are guaranteed to have a scope you like, even if you buy a used scope.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I was now considering the new Nikon Prostaff 5 in the 3.5-14x40mm BDC side focus model.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I was now considering the new Nikon Prostaff 5 in the 3.5-14x40mm BDC side focus model.

Comment

I have always been a big Zeiss fan their introductory scope is amazing!

Comment

I have used a couple Leupold scopes years ago but they were traded away on rifles. I have used Nikons for the last 30 years with outstanding success. I guess someone forgot to let my Nikons know that they weren't supposed to be as good as the other poplar brand.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad