Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIRES---I am in need of some new tires within the next few months. I need some suggestions on what to get, I drive 60% paved roa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIRES---I am in need of some new tires within the next few months. I need some suggestions on what to get, I drive 60% paved roa

TIRES---I am in need of some new tires within the next few months. I need some suggestions on what to get, I drive 60% paved roads, 25% dirt roads and 15% offroad/dirt trails.I would like tires that do good in the snow along with sand and mud. What kind of tires would you guys suggest? I drive a 2006 F150 with 275/65/R18 on it, I am looking for a little more aggressive that will still perform well while pounding the pavement. I have looked at some wrangler DuraTrac's but would like some opinions before I buy anything

The Wranglers are good.

A lotta folks who go offroad have an extra set of tirez, e.g. Snow/Mud cleats.

Comment

I am not really looking forward to buying one pair. I definitely do not wana buy two pair. So hoping to keep it with one pair that will do ok in all conditions.

Comment

cooper AT3 or a Cooper STT or STT MAX are both very good for what your looking for i have run both of them and really like them

Comment

cooper AT3 or a Cooper STT or STT MAX are both very good for what your looking for i have run both of them and really like them

Comment

i love my BF Goodrich all terrain ta's

Comment

I have Cooper AT3 on my F150. They are a good compromise on what you are wanting out of a tire.

Comment

Goodyear or Cooper- made by goodyear are decent tires. Never had a problem with either. I'm running pirelli scorpians right now, the local tire place had them on clearance. They have been great.

Comment

Dunlop Fierce attitude- I will never own another tire as long as they're made. 10 ply- ranch work in Wyoming , shale logging roads in northern Maine , and 30,000 miles of pavement in the mean time. They hardly show wear and are only being rotated for traditions sake.

Comment

I don't live in Snow Country...Florida The Sugar Sand and Clay Mud State I have 275/16 BFG'S A/T-TA on my F-150 4x4 if you can get-out of Sugar Sand NOW that's a Good Tire.

Comment

I was also looking at the DuraTracs for my next set of tires. I curently have 35" BFG Mud terrains and I have over 50,000 miles on them. Real good tire in my opinion. 90% of my driving is paved roads so I'm looking for something a little less aggressive

Comment

Goodrich Wrangler A/T are a good tire I have on my Chev. On the Jeep I have Michelin Cross/Terrain. Less aggressive but good in rain,snow and some off road. Quiet with good gas mileage. Long wearing, I think they are rated for 50 or 60,000.

Comment

I am a firm believer in MT tires on anything used where you need 4wd. ATs just don't cut it. Sand would be the exception.

I have used BFGs, Coopers, and Firestone Destinations. All MTs. All three have been very good to me.

They all get loud especially when worn down a bit. I have a loud stereo, and damaged hearing. Oh well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad