Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was wondering how the Vortex Diamondback scope is as far as quality, clearity and brightness? And it's a $200 scope so how doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering how the Vortex Diamondback scope is as far as quality, clearity and brightness? And it's a $200 scope so how doe

I was wondering how the Vortex Diamondback scope is as far as quality, clearity and brightness? And it's a $200 scope so how does it compare to scopes in the same price range, specificly the Leupold VX-2 and Nikon Buckmaster?

They are all good Scopes for the Money one has life time,one has better sight adjustments,one has more eye relief....Its all Same-Same..Like- Like....pick a Brand Name you like!

Comment

Never looked through the Vortex Diamondback, but I do have a VX-2 and a Nikon Monarch, and I think the VX-2 is much more clear. I am kind of partial to Leupold though.

Comment

Not familiar with the Vortex scopes but own a Vortex spotting scope and have used Vortex binoculars. I find Vortex very good quality for the money.

I own Nikon and Leupold products so I have something to compare them to.

Comment

They are in my opinion the best optics company on earth currently!!!! The only optics that i have bought other then vortex in the last 5 years was a nikon range finder because vortex had yet to make a range finder (i would have bought theirs) and a Swarovski z6 scope for my ultimate long rang rifle. They also have the best warranty of any optics company by far!!!! No questions asked unlimited lifetime warranty. I literally rolled down a hill side and my binos came bouncing down after me and vortex fixed them free of charge with out a question!!!

Comment

Thanks for the answers. I was thinking of upgrading from my current Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 and I was going to get this model in 4-12x40 with the adustable objective.

Comment

Leupold VXII is in $300 range and is tops on this list.

Vortex Diamondback at $200 is a close second with better clarity and field of view. A very accurate scope too. I have seen chromatic aberration on the very outside of the optics when aiming below the sun over bright white snow. However it never affected the sight picture or accuracy for me. An amazing scope for the money. The Vipers are much better but cost more too. They are easily the best bang for your buck under $400.

Nikon Prostaff - $150 A serviceable deer hunting scope but not in the same class for anything as the above scopes. Relatively poor clarity and field of view but ok for deer sized game.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                by franchi20
                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors to the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of...
                Today, 07:40 PM
              • Debate #2: new rules
                by FirstBubba
                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                by franchi20
                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                Today, 07:34 PM
              • What's after Trump?
                by FirstBubba
                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                Today, 01:46 PM
              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                by fitch270
                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X