Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have a pet peeve or a minor annoyance that an individual Sportsmen will do out in the field while hunting, fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody have a pet peeve or a minor annoyance that an individual Sportsmen will do out in the field while hunting, fishing

Does anybody have a pet peeve or a minor annoyance that an individual Sportsmen will do out in the field while hunting, fishing or trapping.

I would never hunt another hunter’s tree stand but there are hunters out there who do it all the time.

The tree stand is my property and they should stay out of it even on public land.

Comment

While muskie fishing, or fishing in general, other fishermen come right in on top of our boat, close enough I could hit their boat with my next cast

Comment

While hunting on public land with closed roads I despise walking in before light only to have a vehicle ignore the road closed sign and come beebopping in shortly after dawn.

Comment

People who won't give up looking fur their doves until sundown.

It causes us to have to find 'em and drive home in the dark!

Comment

Moose hunting camps that build makeshift outhouses and then leave them after breaking camps for the year. Recently the clowns have taken to stealing blue plastic ones from road construction sites after dark. They leave them in the bush too.

Comment

when other hunters drive right up to their stands to fix them or put up new ones. I will be sitting in my stand, looking for deer, and here comes some guy in a pickup tearing through the field, and then stops very close to me. and they don't do this at noon, when the deer are least active, either. they come about an hour or so before dark.

Comment

I have buddy that sings when he catches a fish. A whistle or just a quick little ditty for superstition would be OK. But this guy has a terrible voice and always sings the same annoying 2 bar song, over and over and over and over.

One morning, 2 guys may leave the dock, but that night only 1 maybe returning.

Comment

I don't Hunt Public land...But when I did at 3:Am other Hunters would come-in around 4:Am with No flash light tripping over tree limbs and Rocks and set them selves up 20' or so from ME and say in a LOUD VOICE HEY is that you Joe! and "cough" is that you Joe! I would turn my light on get up and find an other spot till day break. That's the BS of Hunting Public Land.

Comment

We have a hunting club. We have shooting houses on our green fields. I ticks me off to no end when they leave their trash in the shooting houses. The spit cans and pee bottles are the worst.

Comment

I hate it when people take hunting so serious that it makes it no fun for others. Don't get me wrong I love hunting as much as the next guy, but there is a gentleman that hunts behind me who nit picks over every last thing my family does. We don't shoot a over abundance of deer. Usually a deer a piece there is 3 of us. We go out well before dark and come in well after dark as not to scare deer from him. But he still finds things that he doesn't like. Lighten up a little and enjoy the time in the outdoors.

Comment

When fishing a public creek and i get up an hour before light to fish and have someone come to the same pool an hour or two after light and start fishing right on top of me. Note the creeks in arizona aren't huge so a pool is usually only 10'-20' wide, and 25'-50' long. I have even had people yell at me because as I'm reeling in and they cast over me and we get tangled.

Comment

I hate it when people want to invite themselves along on your hunting trip and then don't come prepared even though they have been told what to bring.

Comment

Littering of any kind.
                            Fishing too close.
                            Texting from the deer stand.

Comment

Fist pumps or laughter after shooting an animal.

Trying to see into a bucket or truck bed to see what I've caught fishing, even if you have a child. If you want to know, just ask.

Shooting trees.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad